chapter 20

He was pale..light skin..dark eyes and hair that framed his face perfectly,the kind of hair that looked perfect yet messed up to perfection. I had to tell and fight myself to not put my hands through his undeniably perfect messed up hair. He gave me a weird feeling..a feeling that I had to run,fight,leave,do anything to avoid him. I started to turn around but then he grabbed my forearm. His grip was painful, the type of harsh grip that made my muscles clench. I could already feel my arm bruising. I could feel myself about to pass out when his grip loosened and he whispered in my ear which made my arm start developing goosebumps.

" I'm not gonna hurt you, just come to the rooftop with me got it?"

I nodded. Not wanting him to hear the fearor to know that my skin was burning with pain.

I

The sky was filled with stars,a sight that is so rare its breathtaking. I looked up and felt the breeze go through me,the night air brushing against my now slightly bruised arm and sending shivers down my body. I took a deep breath and waited for him to speak.

"How is your arm?" I looked at him as if he said the weirdest thing on earth, is he serious?! He nearly broke my arm!!? is he high? I took a breath remembering that my new year resolution was to not judge people easily I looked down at my arm and instantly regreted it. My arm was purple and blue,it hurt like a bitch. I had to clear my throat because it was getting harder to breath and speak.

"It..it hurts" he smiled which made me feel like a retard.

"That's it?"

"Excuse me if my arm fucking hurts and I can't explain it in full fucking damn detail!!" His eyes were wide and he had stopped pacing back and forth.

"What?" He was sorta starting to piss me off.

"You're a firecracker aren't you?" He walked towards me and I backed away. He grabbed my forearm and turned it right ways. I could feel that it was close to snapping.

"AHHHH!!!!" I screamed in deep pain and was loosing feeling in my arm. I tried pushing his hand away but I couldn't.

"Hold still or else it's gonna hurt even more." I stayed resting my back against the brick wall.

"Shit...here sit down." He guided me to a standing in the middle of the roof and we sat down while he continued to hold my arm.

"What are yo-"

"Shh!" I pressed my lips together and look around when I realized what he was doing

He opened his eyes and kissed my arm. Oh god,I felt my face go red.

"Better?"

"Yes..." I spoke but. It came out a whisper.

He laughed.

"Embarassed?"

"N-no why?"

"I'm sorry,I should have introduced myself first. I'm Mason Verga"

"Khloe Zurlo" he started smiling,his smile was cute. He had pretty much perfect teeth and deep brown yet grey eyes.

"So,uh..why'd you assault my arm then heal it?" He put his arm around my back and walked me over behind the building rooftop door.

"You're kind of..in trouble.."

"Uhh please explain why" he touched the chain on my necklace and looked at the charm.

"This is why. Your powerful and to some a threat

" To who?"

" The forbidden..they believe you will soon develop too much strength and overpower them all. They want you dead khloe."

"Yeah a lot of people do lately.

" They have to believe that your dead."

"..so they sent you?..."

"Emily. She's in there right now."

"So you have to kill me?"

"No,I have an idea"

"Please,do share."

"Okay,you're a half breed right?"

"Yup!"

" Your blood is extremely powerful. People or creatures would kill to get it."

" So I'm being hunted?"

"Yes"

"Aaand" I stretched out the word so he would keep talking

"Okay. You spill some blood and it'll look like I fought you but you got away."

"But if I spill blood wouldn't that alow them to..collect it and put it in their system or something?"

"Yes,but it will allow them to only have it in their system for an hour Or two."

"Okay..okay fine" I held my arm out to him.

"What? You want me to cut your arm?"

"Uhh yeah. If we were supposedly fighting...you'd have blood on your hand and some. On the floor."

"Okay. True. You ready?"

"Yeah." I took a deep breath and looked towards the street..the lights were pretty at night.

He had a tight grip on my arm and took his thumb and slit my forearm [I am completely aware that sounded suicidal]

"Aah..."I let out a pathetic scream and tensed up he walked me along the roof and before I knew it I was standing in a pile of blood..holy shit I bleed a lot..

Mason had a look his face..a look too dark,seductive,insae,inviting..it was hard to explain. It faded away as soon as he caught me looking. He looked at my arm and jerked a little.

"Oh crap!" He lowered his face to my arm and I jerked my arm but he caught it and held tighter.

"Relax." He licked my cut and I just stared at him with utter confusion. WTF!!!

"Um..."

"Vampire saliva helps heals cuts"

"Well,that's extremely...okay." I pulled my arm away..uh I think my arm was just raped..

There was an awkward silence

"Ohhkayy time for you"

"WHAT!?" He looked liked he just witnessed a Woman giving birth..

"If we were fighting,you'd have cuts too"

"But.."

"Just give me your arm."

"NO!"

"Mason,you're being a bitch,just give me your arm"

"NO!" THIS. WAS GOING TO BE A FIGHT....

"Mason!!" He started running

"I don't!"

"Mason!" I jumped on his back and held onto his arm

"What!? Khloe let" he tripped and we both fell [of course,awkwardly I was on top of him] I looked at his arm and cut it with my thumbnail

"See,not that bad."

"Not bad at all.."

"Haha..." I looked at his arm then got up

"Ahem,so you should probably get home."

"Yeah i should." I looked over the edge and saw a building ladder. I pushed it down and started to climb down.

"Hey" I looked up at him

"Be careful,ill check on you later."

"Sounds good." I stepped down the ladder and ran to the nearest bus stop