Purely Yours *{17}* - Surviving Without You

Heya guys!
So quick dedication, I wanted to dedicated this to SePtEmBeR_SaPpHiRe13 for taking the time to comment on my story and just read it is amazing! I love dedicating to people who read my story so thank you so much for taking the time to! Plus I love your stories hehe ;D

Anyways,

Enjoy! :D x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                  Purely Yours  ~ {Chapter Seventeen} ~

“You know the second you leave this store I’m killing you right?”

My eyes went up to Xavier’s face to find it stone hard, his eyes threatening and I knew that he wouldn’t hesitate to hurt Steven. That thought frightened me. I didn’t want to see him killing someone again like that man in the alleyway.

“You can’t touch me, I’m guarded by the King,” he lifted his hand up and on his wrist was a black tribal mark in the shape of a crescent moon with designs fraying from the centre.

“You kill me and the royal guard will hunt you down.”

Looking at the clock he gave us one last smirk, “As much as I love to stay here and chat with you Xavier, I have places to be. Just needed to pass the message on.”

He walked to the entrance before looking back at us one last time.

“Oh I forgot to say, I won’t forgive you for killing Mark.” With that he left, the bell of the store ringing with his departure.

“Damn it,” Xavier cussed, clenching his fists as I breathed out a small breath of relief. He wouldn’t hurt us right? The thought of this King coming here had me extremely worried. What did they want with me?

“Excuse me,” a voice spoke up and I jumped, bumping into Xavier and he steadied me, hands at my waist. Warmthshot up from his grip and I tried to seem unaffected by his touch.

“Your arrangements are done; it’s up at the cashier.”

He nodded, letting me go and I let out another breath that I didn’t realise I was holding. I wasn’t sure if my heart was spiking because of the whole King issue or his hands on my body. Either way I think I was going to get high blood pressure.

Following after him he took two of the bouquets, paying and telling me to get the other one.
I smiled at the lady as she handed me one of the bouquets filled with tulips and I just noticed I was still holding the rose and tulip from before.

“Sorry, almost took these,” I laughed awkwardly, going to place them on the counter but she shook her head.

“No those are actually yours. I’ll have them quickly wrapped for you.”

“Wha---,” I tried to say but she had already snagged them off me and was wrapping them up together. After a minute she came back and handed them to me.

“That boy paid for those two as well,” she smiled slyly and I blushed.

“Oh…,” I trailed off, feeling flustered, “thank you, for these.”

Thanking her one last time I slowly walked out of the store, looking at the two flowers wrapped together. The look of the two flowers together clashed because of how different they were. Even so, they still looked beautiful.

Getting into the car I watched as he came around to the driver’s side, getting in and starting the car.

“T-thank you… for the flowers,” I said quietly but he didn’t respond, staring straight ahead.