Purely Yours *{9}* - Confusion All Around

Sorry guys! I promised this chapter to be the explanation bit but it turned out to be a bit of a filler boring chapter. Sorry :(

Anyways, dedicating this chapter to xbubblybubx. She left an amazing comment on my last chapter and I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to actually read my story and then comment. You're amazing :D

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                       Purely Yours  ~ {Chapter Nine} ~ 

Slowly Xavier turned to face me and I rushed back, afraid of not only his towering figure, but what he really was. I refused to believe what I saw. I just couldn’t confront that… that they existed.

For a minute he stood there just evaluating me, brows furrowed in thought. Like it happened so quickly, he took a sudden step towards me and I hastily shuffled back into the wall. He froze in place, standing straight again. I was too afraid of him to run away, my limbs locked in place. I didn’t know what to do. My mind was a whirling tornado, lost, confused and puzzled with a combination of fear and horror.

I didn’t care that I probably looked like a broken mess. Various cuts and bruises along my body, hair messed up and dried up blood covering my left shoulder. The cold sent goosebumps to cover my arms as I sat there curled up in nothing but my white singlet and big sweatpants. Yet none of those things mattered. The fact that I could die at any second, like that man just a few metres away from me…

My eyes travelled to Steven who laid there on the ground dead. I noticed something pierced into his chest and my eyes widened. H-had Xavier done that?

A shuffle alerted me of the present and my eyes swiftly returned to Xavier who was surprisingly sitting on the ground, legs crossed and his eyes trained in on me.

My eyes didn’t leave him for a second, afraid that if I did he would attack.

After a few minutes of silence he spoke, “I’m not going to hurt you.” A moment passed as he struggled to continue. “I promise you… I won’t.”

My eyes were wide yet it wasn’t because of his words. I couldn’t bring myself to believe anything at that point. I felt as if I was in shock mode or my mind was paralysed.

He groaned deeply, running a hand through his dark brown messy hair in frustration. “I know you’re probably scared of me right now but you really need to take that pill,” he said seriously and my eyes followed his gaze of his backpack that sat next to me.

Hesitating, with trembling hands I moved to retrieve it, hissing at the harsh sting down my shoulder and flinching back.

Air rushed past me quickly and I wasn’t quick enough to react as I was in a pair of arms and off of the ground, moving.

My breathing quickened as I glanced up only to find Xavier’s face expressionless as his muscled arms held me securely to his chest. I tried to get out of his grasp, not noticing the buildings rush past as I was suddenly at my house, standing outside below my bedroom window.

“L-let go of m-me!” I shouted as loudly as I could, my heart beating in my chest as I tried to somehow get away from him.

I gasped when he held me tighter, running what looked so easy to him up the oak tree by my window and easily slipping into my room, not saying a word.