Purely Yours *{19}* - Miss Me or Kiss me.

I know its been ages, but I promise after Nanowrimo is finished on the 30th Nov I'll be back at regular updates :D
So quick dedication to meno64 :D I don't know you that much but you're freaking amazing! You took the time to comment on like all the chapters and not just skip to the last one :') Aww, thanks so much for the support! :)

So, Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                  Purely Yours  ~ {Chapter Nineteen} ~

The next day I didn’t go to school. Not because I was sad but because I felt so empty. It was like another piece of my already empty heart was cut off.

My dad didn’t push me, he knew I needed time to come into terms with the letter and just time to think. I just felt lost and clueless. How is it that Mitch could remember so much where I didn’t remember a single thing about my past? He was barely older than me yet he knew all about his family, the war, everything! Yet when I try to think it comes up blank and that frustrated me. Why didn’t I remember anything? Not even my mother’s face...

After school Tim came by and asked if he could come in and talk. I didn’t let him. For once in my life I didn’t want the company of my best friend. I just wanted to be by myself.

He left after a while, saying that he’ll always be there for me so I can talk to him but I already knew that. Saying that, I just felt bad for making him so worried. I was a horrible best friend.

The next morning I got up, wearing one of my favourite plain baggy grey hoodies that was at least two times my size. I matched it with some black track pants that were huge however had adjustable strings so I could tighten the pants to fit my small waist while the pants were still baggy.

If people didn’t like what I wore I honestly didn’t mind. It was my body and my preference and I enjoyed the comfortable clothes I wore, unlike those ridiculous mini skirts that flash people every three seconds. I guess these clothes just made me feel free and relaxed or maybe it was the lack of female role models in my life.

That thought made me frown again and it stayed on my face as I walked through the gates of my school, kicking a rock along as I did so.

I didn’t make my way over to our morning table as the bell rang in time for me to walk straight into the school. Quickly I went to my locker and collected my books before hurrying to wait outside the classroom as people were slow to trudge to their lockers.

Leaning against the wall I let out a long sigh, closing my eyes for a moment as I tried to rid the thoughts of my mother.

Tim had homeroom with me as well and the second he saw me in our usual seat up the back he ran to me quickly, knocking a girl’s milkshake to the floor in the process.

“Excuse me?! You just knocked over my drink you jerk!”

He scoffed, rolling his eyes as he glanced at her over his shoulder. “Suck it up princess. At least I didn’t get it on your fake arse face!”

Glancing at me his scowl changed into a cheery grin but I could decipher the worry his eyes held. I had known him for years after all.

“Hey Ems, are you okay? What happened? I tried to ask your dad but he didn’t tell me anything.”

Folding my arm I laid them on the desk before using them as a pillow as I looked up at his face.

“It’s nothing important,” I said softly, trying to give him a weak smile as the teacher called the roll and began to read our daily messages.