Purely Yours *{21}* - Once Homeless, Now Royalty

I'm not really happy with this chapter but hey, it's better than nothing :)

So, I'm going to dedicate this chapter to Monica, my new awesome friend who's too shy but haha your messages make me laugh. :D It means so much that you comment and read this story and it's just amazing ;D Can't believe I haven't dedicated a chapter to you yet actually.. o.O

Enjoy :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                  Purely Yours  ~ {Chapter Twenty-One} ~

For a moment I just stared. It wasn’t everyday when the guy seemingly made for you was lying in your bed at close to ten o’clock at night. Okay, never.

I didn’t know what to do. Shake him awake, scream or get comfy with him.

I shook my head at the last one. I wasn’t going to throw my morals out the window all of a sudden for a guy...a guy that was supposably made to be with you.

Biting my lip indecisively I walked closer to him and hesitated at the bed. I guess option one would be most humane out of them.

Just as I touched his shoulder to wake him up I was suddenly tugged onto the bed, letting out a shout as my hands were pinned above my head and another hand gripped at my neck.

I tried to breathe but found it difficult with Xavier choking me and I struggled to snap him out of it.

“X-Xavier!” I called and felt my head get dizzy. My throat was constricted and my vision blurred as I tried to somehow breathe.

It took him a second to notice who it was and he removed his hold. I sucked in oxygen like no tomorrow, coughing heavily. Rubbing my neck I was surprised to how painful his hold was as I felt like it would bruise.

“Shit, are you alright?” He questioned and reached for me and before I could stop myself I flinched back.

Both of us seemed taken aback by that simple action and he ran his hand through his hair.

As he sat up he turned away, letting out an angry breath.

Sitting up as well I crossed my legs, rubbing my throat as my breathing slowly returned to normal.

“I’d rather you hate me than be afraid of me,” he muttered and I looked at the side of his face, somehow knowing we were really talking about what happened.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to startle you,” I said quietly and he stood from the bed.

“Never catch a vampire off guard. We have high alert defence mechanisms. I could have killed you within half a second!”

Not knowing what to say I stayed silent and by doing that I didn’t seem to make him feel any better as he walked towards the window.

“Wait!” I shouted, holding a hand out to him to stop.

He did stop but didn’t give me his full attention. I didn’t want him to leave on bad terms, plus after seeing Steven today… I didn’t like the idea of being alone.

God what was I about to say to him…?

“D-Don’t…don’t go,” I mumbled, biting my lip as I dropped my arm limply back into my lap.

“We can talk about the letter tomorrow,” he replied, his voice emotionless as I sighed, racking my brain for ideas.

“Please stay… I want you to stay,” I told him quietly and it was silent for a moment.