Purely Yours *{27}* - The Meaning of Blood Mates

I wanted to dedicate this to Isis. Have I seriously not dedicated a chapter to her? Wow haha. I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the support, you always leave comments on every  chapter and they always make my day :D

High-five for the long chapter! :D Enjoy!

(My editor aka Bestfriend didn't have time to edit so sorry for any mistakes... knowing me there'll be a lot ;D)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        RECAP - Chapter Twenty-Six:

“TAKE HER AND LEAVE! NOW!” He shouted at us, grabbing a vampire by the throat and smashing him to the concrete road to the point that it cracked beneath him.

I screamed as two of them neared us but she was quick to fight them off, her actions slower than theirs but she defended herself perfectly. With both of them startled at her combat skills an array of flames left the palms of her hands, surrounding both herself and me in a circle.

Turning to me she clipped the back of my knees so I was in her arms and I fought against her.

“Wait, WAIT! We’re not leaving him!” I shouted but she didn’t listen, sending me a remorseful glance before springing up with such force I had to wrap my arms around her as we shot into the sky.

“NO!” I cried, peering down at the scene of the vampires and Xavier in the centre, fighting them by himself.

Tears escaped my eyes as I tried to get out of her grip but she wouldn’t let me.

“Please! We have to go and help him!”

“Sorry,” she said softly but before I could question her I felt her hand at my neck and I was instantly sucked into the black depths of my mind.                    

                                   Purely Yours  ~ {Chapter Twenty-Seven} ~ 

Waking up was not the best feeling. My ribs felt excruciatingly sore and my stomach stung painfully with every movement I made. Opening my eyes I found it still dark outside as I sat up, running a hand through my hair.

Glancing around in confusion I gasped as the memories started to flow back about being attacked, the flashbacks reeling through my mind like a movie. Xavier protecting me then the vampire strangling me and my mother taking me away.

My hands immediately went to my throat, hissing as it felt tender and sore from the vampires grip. Moving my hands to my stomach I remembered the feeling of his claws tearing through my skin and I tried to not think about it. Feeling tightness around my abdomen I lifted my shirt to find a bandage wrapped around my midsection. I was dressed in new pyjamas but thankfully saw that my underwear were the same.

Looking down at my marked hand I ran my fingers over the golden lines as I felt my hand hum softly. What was that? Did I have some sort of power like my mother? I questioned myself, hoping my inside voice would answer me.

Do you know anything about it?

I waited a second and felt her presence enter my head.

That is for you to discover for yourself.

I frowned. That’s not fair.

Life’s not fair.

I cracked a smile at that but it instantly dropped.