Chapter 9 - Burnt

Peeta's Pov;

Where am I? What am I doing here? But most importantly, where is Prim? I get out of covers of the bed and rip off the wires connecting to my arms. What is going on? I'm not sick! I look around the room and notice the glass of water sitting on top of the otherwise exposed chest of drawers. I drink it thirstily. My stomach grumbles loudly, reminding me of times being banished to my room without dinner after burning some bread, the better punishment compared to being beaten with a stick. My mother wasn't and isn't one for forgivness. Everything has to be perfect for her evn the bread.

Burnt bread, how I met Katniss.

Katniss.

Why hadn't I ever spoken to her! Why? Before it was too late. If only I had...

Does she like Gale like my dream suggested? Infact it didn't suggest it, it encouraged it! What is she doing? Is she coping with the thought of Prim dying or... If she knew what has happened to Prim... I need to find her.

Prim, where could she be? I need to warn her of the danger she is in. Protect her. I walk over to the door of the room and put my hand on the knob. Why did they put me here? What actually happened to Prim? She didn't try to kill... No, she wouldn't! But the letter and the pills... No! She couldn't. Or would she?

I hope, for Katniss and Primrose herself, she didn't.

But if she did, how would they deal with it? The murderous capitol wouldn't just forgive and forget, they are the reason we are here! What would they do to her? What are they doing to her now?!? Would they hurt everyone back home to get back at her? I imagine a gun being held up to the a line of innocent people. Children, expecting mothers, dying, old men, everyone and anyone. But the face that stood out the most not for its beauty but because it belongs to Katniss. Then the triggers pulled and the lifeless bodies crumple to the ground like ragdolls. The gunshot echoes through my ears like thunder so loudly I thought it actually happend. It shakes the ground powerfully and I fall to the floor just like people in my daydream, like a plastic bag blowing in the wind. I scream Katniss's name.

I hit the ground hard. Did that really just happen. I hear shouting outside my door and emphatic thudding. "What!" says a loud booming voice angrily. "No!! Oh, who cares! They'll get over it!" I move away from the door timidly. What's going on? I hear hushed voices trying to calm down the angry one in mutters I can't make out. Suddenly everything stops. Another person enters the conversation, this one I recongise.

Haymitch.

"Trust me its not nessecary! It will only make it worse! They'll both die in there anyway." Haymitch says firmly.

"No!! Now you want the girl aswell! Don't be so naive and childish!! Just let me kill her! Him at the same time too!" The other voice snaps fiercely.

What he just said then sinks in and I ignore the rest of there conversation...

There going to kill Prim and then there going to kill me. And there is nothing I can do about it.

This chapter is once again short! I know. But I didn't want to give away too much for up-coming chapter, which I'm sooo excited about! I hope you love them as much as I do!

P.S. Is anyone else already counting down the days for Mockingjay Part 1 already! I know I am!! Can't wait! xx