Bullies

Midoriya had been ten when he adopted Shinsou.

Shinsou was smart. Midoriya would be loving this child more and more, if he wasn't already loving the child with every ounce of love he could give him.

It's been a few months since Midoriya took Shinsou in, and both of them were just really happy. Being in elementary school, Midoriya didn't have stuff that was too hard for him to handle. He finished all his homework easily, and spent the rest of his time trying to teach Shinsou. Midoriya was very happy with Shinsou's progress. He knew how to walk when he was found, albeit shakily, but within a few months he was running around the room and jumping on Midoriya's bed.

Shinsou started off having problems pronouncing Midoriya's last name, so Midoriya just told him to call him Izuku. Which ended up become Izu. Shinsou really liked to call him Izu. He found that Midoriya really liked it. So he kept calling him that. In turn, Midoriya called him Toshi. Shinsou liked the nickname. Both of them were really happy, and they sometimes ended up just having a rally of calling the other's nickname until on of them gave up. Midoriya always relented, letting Shinsou win, and the both of them just flopped on the bed and laughed.

Midoriya was right that people with mental quirks were smarter. Shinsou knew how to write. It was messy, but it was legible. A lot better than what he could say about his own classmates.

Ha. A child had better handwriting than a bunch of ten year olds.

Shinsou didn't know when his birthday was, Midoriya was thinking of putting down the date he was found as his birthday. Which was exactly two weeks before his own when they realised the birthday problem. Yay. They could celebrate both their birthday's at the same, right smack in the middle of both their birthday dates.

Shinsou already knew about Midoriya's status when Midoriya told him about it. Shinsou knew that people had powers. He knew he had his powers early. He did not know that Midoriya did not have the powers that everyone else had. Did that stop him from loving the only person that he loved?

Nope. Nah uh. Never ever.

And somehow, Shinsou also found out that Midoriya liked to sneak out of the house at night and return when he's usually asleep. Shinsou knew the boy was busy, but he never really questioned how. He was a kid. He had questioned the older boy, out of curiosity, of course, before Midoriya just told him, "Someone told me to stop dreaming. So I'm pulling everyone into my dream."

And Shinsou accepted it. They both had dreams. They both wanted to be heroes.

Midoriya told him about Eraser Head. One of the heroes who fought quirkless but was still accepted by society. They both wanted to be like him. All Might was definitely out of the question. Midoriya didn't like how easily he almost shattered his dream. In fact, if he wasn't quirkless, or was someone else, he was sure he might have turned to the dark side. That was pretty ironic.

--------------------------------

"Hey! It's the quirkless Deku again!" Tsubasa laughed. Bakugou and Akiro, the boy with a quirk that allowed him to extend his fingers, but Bakugou just looked a bit worried for Midoriya. Midoriya had no idea what was it to Bakugou. Bakugou liked to blast him, but didn't want to hurt him? It was confusing. Midoriya didn't really get it.

Midoriya internally seethed, before he realised, what if Shinsou was with him? Was he going to roll over and let his little brother see how weak he was?

No way.

Tsubasa stretched out his wings and rushed forward to attack Midoriya, but Midoriya just braced himself, grabbed the boy by the wings, and flipped him over, smashing him into the ground. Akiro tried to rush in to help Tsubasa, but Midoriya just grabbed his finger, pulled, and grabbed the boys arm, also flipping him over completely.