quadrāgintā novem

The next morning, Stark called an Avenger's meeting

Dahlia sat with Natasha and Clint at the table. She did not know why they had called a meeting, or why they had Loki returned to his prison. She believed that they were just staying there to ride out the events of New York City and wait until they could return home to DC.

"Okay, so." Stark sat at the table too, alongside a strawberry blonde woman that Dahlia had not met yet. "Fury and I have been talking. And as you are aware, there was an initiative to bring together well, us."

Fury then stepped up to speak. "I believe that you are those people. We have a lot of threats out there, especially now that everyone in the galaxy knows that we are more advanced then we were. That brings trouble. Thor has already agreed to be our eyes and ears outside of Earth. But as for you guys, we need a base unit."

"We are agents." Natasha said. "We aren't soldiers like Rogers over here."

Fury glanced at her before shaking his head. "I do not believe that's the case. I believe that you all possess unique gifts that contribute to this team. And we need each and every single one of you."

Dahlia leaned back against her chair and propped a foot up. Her eyebrows were furrowed together as she looked at Fury. "And of Loki?"

The director of SHEILD sighed. "We do not know yet."

At that, the new agent grew angry. "That is bullshit. He's not going to hurt anyone."

"We know." Stark said, reassuring the agent. "We are going to keep him here for a while. Until Thor returns, we are not sure what to do exactly. Thor might need to bring him back to Asgard."

"Then I should go too." Dahlia spoke. "I committed treason there. So he should bring me back."

"That's different." Natasha looked at her best friend. "But neither of you are going. I think that Loki could be an addition to the team. We'll keep him locked up a little while and then we can start training him. As we did with Dahlia, and as you did with me."

Fury sighed and rubbed his forehead. "He is wanted by the United States Government."

"And so was I. We'll work around it." Natasha told him.

"They have a point." Maria Hill told Fury quietly. "We keep him in check. Thor says that as long as Dahlia is around, he won't be a threat."

"That's enough." Fury shook his head. "Dahlia, you will be responsible for him. Now back to what the meeting was supposed to be about. We will be moving back to DC at the start of next week. Loki will be coming with us."

The team spoke of a few more topics, none of which concerned Dahlia. She was happy to be going back to DC and was more than okay with Loki coming with her. She had hopes that in time, things will work out.