vīgintī octō

"I am from a place known as Alfheim

"I am from a place known as Alfheim. I am a Light Elf, daughter of Queen Freyja. I was brought to Asgard to celebrate Prince Thor, he is the God of Thunder. And I spent time with the family and I, I fell very much in love with the youngest Prince. His name is Loki. But the All-Father, King Odin, betrothed me to Thor. And when it was time to be wed, Loki had a plan. He was to send me back to Alfheim. But I believe something happened because I ended up here in Midgard, and not in Alfheim where I belong."

Clint Barton blinked a few times as he stared at the Princess. Her words were more then foreign to him and he could hardly understand the words that she had said.

He knew very well that Fury had officially written her off as an amnesiac or clinically insane, but he felt there was truth to her words. For someone reason, he wanted to believe her. He just wasn't quite sure why or how.

So he did the best thing he knew how, what he had been training to do since he joined SHEILD all those years ago. Interrogate. Something he and Natasha has done together.

"Alfheim. What is it like?"

Dahlia leaned back against the cool wall and smiled. "Oh, it's beautiful. You would like it very much. Words cannot describe how lovely it is. It's where Light Elves are from, that is what I am."

Clint bit the inside of his cheek. "What's a Light Elf?"

Dahlia pauses for a moment. "It is what I am. We are deities of nature and of story. I am the Princess, I was born of nature. I can help nature grow. It is one of my gifts."

"One of them? What are the others?"

"I can tell stories rather well, and I am told that I can sing very well. But do not ask me to, I do not want to." She told him. She only wanted to sing to Loki; not to anyone else.

"How does the growing work?"

The Princess shook her head slowly. "I do not know. I just know that when I pick a flower, it will grow back very quickly. And I can understand animals too. That is my favorite. Are there animals on Midgard?"

"Yes, millions."

Her little mouth fell agape. "I would like to see them."

"Maybe in a few days. But for now we need to evaluate you."

Later, Clint stood with Fury and Natasha as the Doctor went over the test results. The face of the older woman was pale and she was stumbling over the papers. She could believe what her evidence had told her, she did not know of what to think.

Clint was looking at the papers while she shuffled through them, not understanding what they meant or what they were for. He only saw scientific notes and little markings.

Fury sat down at the long table and let out a sigh. "What is the meaning of all this, Doctor?"

Dr. Li ignored his question and sat herself down at the conference table. They were hidden in one of the lowest levels, only few people had access to it. Natasha and Clint both did not prior to the lost Princess they had found, but once involved, Fury did not want to exclude them any longer.

The red haired spy sat down next to her friend. She had observed Dahlia when Clint was talking to her earlier, and saw no signs of her lying. She was lethally trained in that aspect, and every part of her told her that Dahlia was not lying. That was what scared her.

"We did a few tests." Dr. Li finally spoke. She rubbed her temple, covered with gray haired. "I had DNA tests done, bone marrow, I even attempted to study her brain through the MRI. Every test has come back inconclusive."

"What do you mean?" Clint asked.

The doctor looked at him for a second before sliding a paper towards the archer. "We used a sample of my DNA as an example of sorts. On the left is mine, as you can see, it's a very basic pattern. Perfectly human in every way. On the right is the girls."

Natasha looked closely at the pattern. It did not match the doctors, nor did it look even remotely like it. She cocked an eyebrow in understanding. "This isn't human."

Fury then looked at the paper for a moment. "So you're saying that she's not human?"

The doctor nodded. "That's exactly what I am saying. We did several tests to be sure, but they have all came back like that. With other findings."

"What type of findings?"

"Well, for one, her blood is not red. It's like a gel, it's clear. We don't even really believe it is blood. We took a closer look at her genetics too."

"What did you find?" Natasha asked.

The doctor paused again. "All live is we know is made of carbon. It's the basics of human life and the life around us. However she is not. She is made up of complex elements, some we do not have names for. Mostly though, there is a hydrogen in her. Which is...."

"Of another world?" Clint asked.

"Well, hydrogen makes up the sun and the stars. It's gas, really."

"It's light." Clint then said. "The sun and stars are light. She's a Light Elf."

"So, she was telling the truth. She is from some place on the other side of the galaxy."

They were all quiet for a moment. SHEILD had always known there was life outside of Earth, he tesseract was just an example. But to have something living and breathing in the other room, from another planet, was completely different. It reality, it was out of this world.

"So what do we do?"

Fury shook his head then. "This does not leave the room. We need to keep this between us. The world is not ready to know this. We can study her. She seems harmless."

"Well, we don't know that."

"She looks like a child." Fury told them. "Younger than you, Natasha."

"I don't think she'll hurt us." Clint agreed with Fury. "She doesn't seem dangerous. She's only curious."

Fury nodded. "Very well. Clint, I think you'll be the person to look after her for the time being. She's not to leave this level. Once we have things settled, we can figure it out from there."