I'm Sorry

Graysons POV

All I felt was anger. My wolf was enraged and I was pretty pissed myself. The thought of losing Taylor was...no. I shook my head. I couldn't even imagine it.

We have to protect her.

I know, I know. I agreed with my wolf. I sagged against my new office chair. I rubbed my hands over my face and my head dropped, causing my hair to fall over my eyes. I groaned. But she's so, so...independent. How do I protect someone who doesn't want protection?

My wolf agreed, but I could feel that he was proud that our mate was strong.

Mate.

"Shit," I muttered. I still haven't told Taylor that I'm her mate.

Grayson, my father began speaking through the pack mind link. You have to come over: the rogues attacked sooner than expected. They've stationed themselves along the border of our pack and the Silver Moon's pack.

I'll be there soon. I started towards the door, but my wolf's next thought stopped me.

What about Taylor?

My eyes widened as my wolf sent me a plan. It was gonna be tough to pull it off, but it would keep Taylor safe.

Damion? I sighed.

Yes, Alpha?

I need you to come over.

~

"So what do I have to do?" Taylor asked peering into the dungeon in our basement. Her pale eyes acted like a flashlight, lighting up the room. What the hell? How's that even possible? I scratched the back of my neck, hating myself for what I was gonna do.

"I need you to fix the bars," I lied. "It's a good place to hold captured rogues, but the bars are kind of loose on the inside."

Her full, pink mouth formed the shape of an "o" and I looked away from the damned tempting thing.

"Alright," Taylor shrugged. She was about to enter but then halted. "Wait," she asked with an adorably confused face. "How come you don't do it?"

Crap. I hadn't thought of a reason for that. My wolf sensed I was about to back out, so he took control of my body and shoved Taylor in the dungeon, slamming it shut.

Taylor's eyes went wide as she stumbled to regain her balance and she stared at me through the bars. Realization dawned on her and she glared daggers at me.

"Grayson," she said slowly, coming closer. "Let. Me. Out." I shook my head.

"I'm sorry, Taylor, but I need to keep you safe." Before I could change my mind, I left.

"Grayson!" She shouted. I shut my eyes as I climbed up the stairs. "Grayson! Come back and open the damn door!" With each step I took away from her, I felt a piece of my heart breaking.

It's for her, my wolf weakly argued.

"Grayson!" Damn super senses. I was already upstairs, but I could still hear her. "I hate you, Grayson Collins! I hate you! And when the hell did we get a dungeon?! I don't remember this in the blueprints!" I shut the basement door and her protests were no longer heard.

She hates me. I felt like someone had just stabbed my heart. I opened my eyes and saw Damion standing in front of me.

"Gray," he whispered, looking at the door. "Are you sure you're doing the right thing?" I shook my head and took a deep breath, trying to calm my anxious wolf down.

"J-Just make sure she doesn't escape. And wear sound-proof headphones so she can't command you to unlock it," I ordered weakly. Even though Damion wasn't the Beta anymore, I couldn't let Jason take this job. He was too loyal to Taylor. Everyone else was at the pack house, getting ready for the attack.