It's A Date

Taylors POV

I can't believe I agreed to this.

Hell, I can't believe I came up with it.

I'm an idiot.

I've never kissed a boy! I've never held hands with a boy, hell, I've never even liked one!

So, how am I supposed to survive this date?

I gave my outfit a once over before deeming it appropriate (can't go wrong with jeans and a baggy sweatshirt, right? Right? Speak to me!) and walking to my closet. Throwing it open, I looked at a few choices before choosing my good ol' pal: pistol 9mm.

"MICHAEL!" I called out from my room to his.

"WHAT?" He shouted back.

I asked, "SHOULD I TAKE A GUN WITH ME?"

"DEPENDS! WHERE YOU GOIN'?"

"A DATE!"

"TAKE TWO."

"THANKS, MIKE!" I said.

"NO PROB! DO YOU WANT ME TO WATCH YOU GUYS WITH MY DART GUN READY IF HE TRIES ANYTHING! I'VE BEEN TO JAIL AND I AIN'T AFRAID TO GO BACK!" He offered.

"NAH, IT'S COOL, I GOT THIS! MY OTHER GUN IS A DART GUN!"

"SMART GIRL! I TAUGHT YOU WELL!" He praised.

"WHY ARE YOU TWO YELLING WHEN YOUR ROOMS ARE RIGHT ACROSS MY EACH OTHERS?" Margaret shouted from downstairs.

"CAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO ACTUALLY WALK TO HIS ROOM!" I answered, flopping on my bed. My pistol was pocketed in the back of my pants, covered my sweatshirt while my dart gun was in the front. Checking my watch, I saw it was already eleven thirty.

"Crap!" Jumping out of my bed, I ran downstairs giving Margaret and Michael a quick good-bye. Once I was outside, I didn't bother to stop running before I shifted into my black wolf.

I ran as fast as my paws would carry--so, pretty damn fast, if I do say so myself. I shifted as a exited the wood, my clothes and hair falling into place.

"Taylor?" I turned my head and a bewildered Grayson emerged from the the trees in front of me. He was wearing blue jeans again and a plain, white V-neck T-shirt.

"Er, Grayson! Hi!" I said.

His shocked face didn't waver as he asked, "How did you do that?"

Deny, deny, deny. "Do what?" I plastered a large smile on my face and prayed this distracted him. He furrowed his brows, his surprised look slipped into one of confusion. It made him look kind of cute.

"Don't try and play dumb Taylor," he scolded. Damn, now he's angry. He still looks hot--aah, shut up, Taylor, you pervert!

"Dumb? Me?" I asked, faking outrage. "I am the complete opposite of dumb!"

"Then what was that?" I cringed at how loud his voice had become and he must have noticed because he calmed down a bit and his eyes showed a flash of regret. I peered down at my converses, suddenly finding them the most interesting thing in the world.

"Well? Are you gonna tell me?" He inquired, crossing his arms.

God, those biceps! I said, dreamily.

Answer him! My wolf barked.

I glanced up at him underneath my lashed and murmured, "I just can."

"What's that supposed to mean, Taylor?" He questioned, sounding a bit exasperated.

"I mean: I. Just. Can." I snapped. "A few years after my first shift, I was able to shift with my clothes still on. I never knew why or how and I don't need to explain it to anyone. Especially you." Okay, that was a lie. I did know why and how I could shift with my clothes still intact, I just didn't want to explain it. Only Michael, Margaret, and John knew. Grayson took a step back as if he had been hit, but he quickly masked any hurt showing.