And It Was Going So Well Too

Michaels POV

I woke up with a gasp and an aching pain in my wrists, ankles, and head. So much for a birthday party. Though they got the bash part pretty good, as my head pulsed again. I groaned when I saw they were bound up in silver.

Damn, I thought. I tried to speak to my wolf, but I couldn't hear anything. When I surveyed the room I was in, I couldn't see past the darkness. Inhaling, I wrinkled my nose in disgust when I caught a whiff of blood.

Taylor! Using the mind link, I tried to reach her. Can you hear me? Mom? Dad? Anyone?!

"So," Someone emerged from the shadows. His voice of raspy, but still deep. "You're finally awake." I couldn't make out his face or his exactly where he was, but I snarled where I thought the voice was coming from.

"Who the hell are you? Let me out of these damn chains so I can kill you." I frowned when my voice came out as a wheeze and sounded weak.

"Oh," the voice chuckled menacingly. "I don't think I will."

God, that scared me. But not as much as Jason's (and Taylor's) potential wrath if I didn't return soon.

Taylor's POV

I tried calming down, I really did. But I couldn't.

Michael was, was gone. I had searched every inch of both my territory and the Midnight Wood's territory, but I couldn't find him.

I need him. Ever since I was eight, I had always depended on Michael Griffin. The blonde boy stuck to me like a barnacle when I first moved in when I was six, but I didn't let him in 'til two years later. After that, he was my rock. I am who I am today because of him.

I felt bad when I lashed out on Grayson, but I couldn't help it. I panicked. Michael was everything to me and I couldn't lose him.

Breathing hard, I stopped running and part of my brain registered that I was in front of my home. My real home. With the Griffins. John had gone to fight, so he was probably still with the Midnight Woods' members. Margaret, however, was home and rushed out to greet me.

"Taylor!" I let myself relax in her mother-like embrace and I inhaled her familiar scent. "How are you? Where are the boys? Are you hurt? Hungry?" I slowly looked up at her and her eyes widened. She knew something was up.

"Taylor, dear, what's wrong?" She asked, her voice laced with worry.

"Michael's gone."

~

"Here's what's gonna happen," my voice rang with absolute authority through the meeting room. After deep, calm breaths and some smashing, I calmed down and formulated a plan to find Michael. I was certain the rogues had somehow been able to kidnap him. Now, we just had to get him back.

"Delta Tran," I pointed to the burly man in the corner. "you'll be going with Beta John. Search the east side of the last known stakeout of the rogues'. Everyone else, make sure you're with at least two others and check west and north. I'll be in the southern side. Everybody clear on the plan?"

"What about you?" John asked.

I shook my head. "I'll be fine. Just go." They nodded and I sent them off. Once everyone was gone, the full impact hit me and I steadied myself, gripping the table.

All of a sudden, I felt his presence. Not bothering to look up, I whispered, "I'm sorry." He came closer but stayed at a respectable distance. I squeezed my eyes shut and drunk in his addicting scent.

"I, I shouldn't have...hurt you like that...I was just...frustrated, I-I can't lose Michael...he's, he's...," Without waiting for me to finish, Grayson scooped me up into his arms and I buried my head into the crook of his neck, the tears falling freely now.