The Death of Jason Stone

Grayson's POV

After Taylor had run out, (and after I calmed and restrained my wolf from chasing after her) I looked over to Jason and started planning out his death. He must've felt me staring angrily at him because he looked up at me, his bright, tree-colored eyes wide.

Then, he turned to my father, who was watching our encounter with an amused look, "Alpha Aaron, would you please tell my father and mother that I love them? And could you also tell my little brother, Archer, that he can have my Ninjago collection? Except the Green Ninja, that one has to be given to my mother." He then saluted my father, "It was an absolute honor working for you, sir. You're the greatest Alpha I've ever known."

My dad chuckled, "Jason, my dear boy, I'm the only Alpha you've ever known."

Jason put his hand down, "Oh, yeah, huh? Well, you're still the best."

"Tell me, Jason, why am I doing you this favor? Are you leaving the Midnight Woods pack?

He looked over to me and back to my father, "In a way..."

I puffed my cheeks out, my wolf and I still mad that he flirted with what was mine right in front of me, "Jason, because I care for you, I'm gonna give you a thirty-second head start. Thirty...twenty-nine..."

Grinning, he held his hands up, as if praying, "I knew you had a heart in there." Then, he ran out of the house. I smirked at his retreating back.

He better keep running, my wolf grumbled.

Dad looked over to me, a half-smile on his face, "Care to explain?" I shrugged and shook my head, unwilling to share that I had found my mate. For some reason, I felt like keeping it a secret. At least until she realized it herself. Then, I would shout it out proudly to the whole fucking world. I smiled at that thought.

Giving him a nod of acknowledgment, I said, "I'll be in my room." My dad didn't answer so I just left. When I got into my room, I collapsed on my bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking of those enchanting, moon-colored eyes.

Our mate's beautiful, isn't she? My wolf bragged.

Yeah, I answered dreamily, still thinking of her.

I didn't know how long I laid there, lost in thought until Jason burst in, panting and sweating. When he saw me, he glared menacingly, "WHAT THE HELL, MAN? I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA KILL ME! I SPENT THE LAST TWO HOURS RUNNING MY SEXY ASS OFF EXPECTING YOU TO JUMP OUT OF EVERY TREE AND BUSH I SAW!"

I furrowed my brows, I've been here for two hours?

Who knows? My wolf asked, still daydreaming about Taylor.

Isn't it ironic? I scoffed. The very woman we wanted to tear apart just a few hours ago is our mate.

Yeah..., he murmured, unfocused. I laughed at him, he's so screwed. As soon as that I thought that an image of Taylor grinning flashed through my mind and I stopped laughing to remember how the room lit up when she smiled.

My wolf snorted, Yeah, I'm the screwed one.

Oh, shut up.

"PAY ATTENTION TO ME, DAMN IT!" Jason huffed, stomping his foot, his arms crossed. "YOU'VE BEEN ZONED OUT FOR THE PAST FIVE MINUTES!"

I scowled at him, "Shut up, Stone."

He wasn't bothered at all, instead, his frown turned into a smirk. "Thinking of the lovely Gale, are we now?"

"Shut up, I am not!" I protested, my face turning a dark shade of pink.

"Oooooooohhhhh," he cooed, infuriating me even more. "you really like her, don't you? Don't deny it, lover boy, I saw that dreamy expression on your face."