The Stupidest or the Smartest

Grayson's POV

"DAMN IT!" I tore into another tree, ripping the whole thing from it's roots and tossed it to the considerably large pile to the side. I kicked and punched another tree until my fists turned bloody. Cursing, I dropped down to the ground and leaned against it.

Why does she keep doing that? I wondered. My wolf was no help, he was too busy whimpering about how our mate was gone. Oh, man up, I scorned. I slowly got up and started my hunt for Taylor.

Jason, Gabs, I mentally commanded them through the mind-link. Search everywhere, EVERYWHERE, for Taylor Gale. She's searching for her Beta. Go, NOW.

Yes, sir, Delta Gab responded.

Taylor's out there? By HERSELF? That's so unfair! Jason growled. Michael's my mate; it should be me looking for him! I should've never stayed put like you asked me to. I'm coming for you, Tay Tay! Jason declared.

I growled at him instinctively, thought the reasonable part of my brain told me I had absolutely nothing to worry about.

Jason chuckled. Don't get your briefs in a twist, ALPHA, she's smitten with YOU.

My brows drew together as I asked, mystified, How the hell do you know I'm wearing boxer briefs?

STUPID. my wolf shook his head at me. Why don't you ask the BETTER question, like how does he know Taylor LIKES you?

I brightened and listened. Wait, TAYLOR LIKES ME?!

Of course, Jason answered. Haven't you noticed? OH, I gotta go, bye Gray, love you! FIND MY MATE OR SUFFER.

Wait! Tell me more! But Jason had already blocked me. I hung my head. Damn.

She LIKES us, she actually LIKES us! My wolf was howling in joy and I couldn't keep the grin from spreading across my face.

Let's go find our girl. I followed her already fading scent, shifting in my wolf so I could be able to run faster. After a long run, I came to a stop in front of an abandoned warehouse.

Why is it always an abandoned house? Why not a freakin' flower meadow?

Who the fuck cares, my wolf snapped. Our mate's scent is stronger here, so go in the damn building!

I snorted. At least the best I could in wolf form. You know, you're very demanding.

GO! He roared. I growled but went in any way. My snout lifted higher into the air as I caught Taylor's scent. I snarled and raced through the place, searching for her. I let out a howl and shifted back to human form, quickly shoving on the pair of pants I'd thoughtfully tied around my leg. Running up the stairs, I scanned the room for Taylor.

"Grayson?" I looked to my right to see her in silver chains, in a dungeon, next to a badly beat up Michael. "What are you doing here?" I was next to her in a flash, throwing open the door, assessing her for any sign of pain or injuries.

"Taylor!" I grabbed her face in my hands, turning it side to side. I peered closer.

"Whah arh you hooing? (What are you doing?)" She slapped my hands away, massaging her cheeks. Taylor turned back to Michael and tried helping him up. I mentally scolded myself for not assisting him first; he was obviously hurt.

"What happened? How did you get here? Who put you here?" The questions spilled out of my mouth, my curiosity getting the better of me. Michael groaned in response.

Taylor lifted an eyebrow. "How about we get out of here before you start interrogating us?" I was about to retort, but the deep chuckle from behind me stopped me.