The Meeting (Part 2)

Grayson's POV

When Taylor walked into the meeting room, my wolf and I immediately perked up.

She's here, my wolf said in awe of our mate.

I smiled despite myself. Yeah, she's gorgeous.

And it was true. She was wearing a simple white T-shirt and some black skinny jeans. Her long, jet-black hair was tied up in a high ponytail and a black leather jacket added to her casual look.

She walked in sort of flushed and when she stepped up to apologize, I, of course, forgave her. When she stepped back, I noticed the rosiness of her cheeks and I grinned like the love-struck buffoon I am.

What? I asked my wolf. I am not a buffoon!

You're practically drooling! He argued.

I scoffed, Yeah, and you're so subtle yourself, Mr. Yip and Purr. I smirked when I heard no reply.

Apparently, I had zoned out long enough for Taylor and Dalton - Alpha of the Evergreen Pack - to get into a heated debate.

That's our little spitfire, my wolf proudly stated.

She was sitting down and yelling at a red-faced Dalton - who looked about ready to murder -. I was silent long enough but when Taylor began to swear, I cut in. "ENOUGH!"

I pointed at Dalton, glaring at the man who's displeased my mate, "YOU! Female or not Taylor is still an Alpha and deserves respect, Dalton!"

Dalton snarled at me and I returned the favor. "Why should I? If she's anything like her father, she's bound to be just trouble!"

Kill him! My wolf barked. He's disrespecting us and worst of all: he made our mate mad!

Before I could do anything, Taylor shot out of her seat and snarled at Dalton,"You wanna take it outside, Baldy?" Her normally pale silver-colored eyes were now pitch-black and her canines were growing.

Even angry, our mate's the most exquisite female in the world, my wolf sighed, dreamily.

I chuckled, She's adorable. Did you hear her call Dalton 'Baldy'?

"Let's!" Dalton snapped back.

She briskly turned and made her way out. I sensed her anger and I followed after her, wanting to protect her. The rest of the Alphas came out right after me.

When we got outside, Dalton shifted into a brown wolf with gray streaks in it. It was a sizable wolf and I was worried for Taylor. I had to keep her safe.

Do something! I panicked, mind linking my father.

He was staring thoughtfully at Taylor, who hadn't shifted yet. Hold on, Gray, let's see what she's got.

Yeah, calm down, Grayson. Jason added. Tay Tay can handle herself.

Tay Tay? I seethed, jealous. Since when did they become such good friends? What the hell? When did you two become friends? I inquired.

We bonded over our mutual love for ninjas, he answered. Now, shh, they're starting!

I looked over at Taylor, who was standing there with her arms crossed, staring at a growling Dalton.

Why hasn't she shifted? My wolf asked, alarmed.

I didn't get to answer, because, at that time, Dalton lunged at Taylor. I began to yell out, but she side-stepped him easily, moving like a blur.

Dalton rolled over, back onto his feet and slowly circled Taylor, who looked perfectly calm.

Is she insane? I shouted to my father and Jason. Why hasn't she changed into her wolf yet?! Her human form is too weak to take on a fully trained Alpha male!