Two For The Blood (EricNorthman) Ch.23 Reconnect

Ch. 23 Reconnect

Eric's P.O.V.

I had meant what I said about Violet and I needing to get away again, and what better place than my island. It would be secluded enough from the world to leave us the hell alone so we could get back on track.

In truth it devastated me whenever she felt sorrow or nervous, and it was killing me when she was avoiding me. I know she was scared but I'm her soul blood bonded and she should be able to tell me what's the matter.

My mind and body screamed for her as I drove home early from Fangtasia. I couldn't bare the pitiful sight of whores throwing themselves at my feet like a pack of starving dogs. It disgusted me. The only one I would ever have the enjoyment of having at my feet would be my soul blood bonded, and even then I would never wish to have her at such a place.

After parking my car I walked inside my house with caution as to go to Violet or not. From down stairs I could hear that she was sleeping from the sound of her breathing and heart beat. It was music to my ears. My eyes closed as I listened and inhaled her scent. It was enough to jump start my heart again while I zipped upstairs to see her curled up in my bed.

In another second I was beside her and lightly tracing her features of her face. People have showered me with the compliments of me being more divine than many, but it was her, my Violet, who was a goddess above all.

When I lightly grazed my right pointer finger across her bottom lip, the electricity or her pulse shot through my arm and pulsed me again. How can she do this to me? How did I ever deserve one such as she?

She must have felt my touches and started to stir. "Eric?" She whispered while fluttering her eyes open.

I brushed her cheek while Violet looked up at me with sleep still written on her face. "I really meant what I said about you and I leaving to go to my island and I think we're going to go right now." I explained while she looked at me quizzically.

"Now-now?" She asked and began to sit up.

I picked Violet up in my arms and placed a kiss on her lips. "Now."

~

Within an hour I called my pilot, got a bag packed for Violet and myself, and drove to the airport to my private plane.

Violet was still very sleepy the whole car ride there and even when we arrived to the airport so I carried her onto the plane.

"Thanks." She said and curled up into my chest more.

"I have to set you down for take off then you'll be able to get more comfortable." I said and sat her down in her seat. She made a grumble of frustration and buckled her seat belt with a yawn.

~

Violet's P.O.V.

After I grumbled to my seatbelt on the plane I put my head against the window and was out like a light through the whole trip to Eric's island. The next thing I knew Eric was carrying me again off the plain and to the doorway of a beautiful house. It was made of white stone, two stories high, had that castle-like look, and a beautiful balcony hung in the front.

The grounds were amazing from what I could see so far. There was a nice cut green lawn all around with tropical flowers and trees placed around as well. I even saw a red parrot in the tree up above.

"Pretty." I said and gave a smile to the bird. Surprisingly I think I bowed its head at me.

"Are you ready to walk now my lover?" Eric asked me and I nodded.