Ch. 37 I Smell a G-O-D!

The next night after Eric and I “danced” till we couldn’t any longer, we slept soundly of course until the next night. I put on a tank top with thick straps and a pair of stretchy black workout pants with my Nike tennis shoes before going over to the fire. I tried to remain calm sitting in the chair while Eric went to take a shower. My thoughts still couldn’t settle down though no matter how hard I’d try. Tonight was the night when I would fight Max and Caine. I had no idea how this whole shindig was supposed to go down and I wondered how far the counsel leaders were willing to let this go. Max said it wasn’t a fight to the death…but still.

I thought back to when Caine came up to me and said that he hoped I’d survive. It gave me chills of pure fear and anxiety inside my whole body causing my insides to clench together. I tried to shake it off but the feeling lingered while I stared at the fire.

As my eyes adjusted to the heat and the flickering colors I started to reach out to it. Closer and closer my hand came to the flame and then just as I wanted to touch it I stopped and flipped my hand so it was palm up. While continuing to stare at the fire I wanted it to jump into my hand to hold. The longer I willed it to come to me, no sooner did a ball of fire, no bigger than the size of a baseball break apart from its roaring substance and float its way to my hand. I stared mystified but remained calm as the ball of fire levitated itself above my palm not even a centimeter above my skin. I could feel the flames lick my soft flesh but it didn’t burn, it kind of tickled slightly.

“Violet!” Eric called to me from the bathroom and I instantly shot out of my seat and looked my way towards the bathroom door that was slightly ajar.

“Yes?” I asked and began to panic because I had a fireball in my hand.

“Are you ok? You were feeling very humanly anxious and worried a few minutes ago and then you seem sedated, and now you seem to be feeling panic…”

The vampire hat hit my emotions right on the nose thanks to our little soul blood bond. I totally forgot to block him off. Crap…

“Uh-” I paused trying stalling to think of what to say and tossed the fire ball back into the fireplace where it joined the roaring flame.

Eric came out with nothing but a towel around his waist but his hair was already combed back. “Are you ok?” Ok now he was more than a little worried…about my sanity. My Viking honestly was scared shitless for me with the fights coming up and he was just hoping I could keep it together.

I smiled bright but nervous. “I need to go see Max. I’ll- I got to go!” And I was out the door and down the hall before another word was spoken.

~

While looking for Max I made sure to block my mind off completely from Eric. Somehow deep inside, my self-conscious was telling me to not tell him about my little fire ball experience. However I did feel that I needed to tell Max and stat!

Max where are you?

I called for him through our bond and he answered me instantly.

I’m in the room just three doors ahead of you to the left. What’s the matter?

We need to talk right now, and I mean NOW.

When I found the door I wasted no time in opening it. Max was putting a small black book back on the huge book shelf that extended all the way to the ceiling. I took a second to look around and saw the room looked a lot like the Gryffindor common room from Harry Potter.

“What is it that you wanted to talk about?” Max asked me and brought me back to the important topic at hand.

I stuck out the hand that held the fire ball not five minutes ago and explained what happened. “How do you think I did that?”