Two For The Blood (Eric Northman) Ch.1 A new place, a new scent, a new beginning

It was on December first that my life would change forever. Clearly I was wondering what the hell I was doing in a taxi outside a vampire bar called Fangtasia in the southern part of the U.S. Fangtasia? Seriously? What they couldn't just put up a sign saying 'You want to get bit? Come right in!'?

"Are you sure this is the right address?" I asked while watching more and more people dressed from leather to barely anything walk right in the door of the building.

The taxi driver looked back at me, "This is it, but are you sure you want to go in there? A pretty little thing like yourself would get eaten in no time by those vamps."

I gulped and pulled my long light brown hair away from my fair skin and put my hand on the door handle, "Yeah this is it I guess."

"Let me help you with your bags," The taxi driver offered and we both got out into the dark but warm night.

By now I could tell we were being watched by the people trying to get into Fangtasia. My nerves were kicking in so I decided to come to the rescue of the struggling taxi driver to try and distract myself. With ease I lifted out my bag and gave him a small smile.

The look of amazement and amusement printed in his face. "You are one mighty young lady and I must be older than I thought kiddo."

"Thanks for the ride," I smiled and handed him two hundred dollars (yeah it was a long drive from the airport and we had hit stupid traffic!), "here you go and keep the change."

The Taxi driver graciously took his money, ran to his driver's seat, and sped out faster than you could close your eyes from the dust kicking up from the ground. Ugh. It's not like he actually has to go into the vampire bar. Now I have to go in and look for a guy named Eric, Eric Northman. Ok so he is supposed to be really tall, blonde with short hair, and I think the owner of this place. Yeah this shouldn't be too hard. Who am I kidding this is going to be hella hard! When I turned around I realized why the cab ran away so fast. Some vampires, I think I counted eight; all had their fangs extended and dripping with blood.

I narrowed my eyes and shook my head while I picked up my bright pastel polka dotted suitcase and headed over to the door. Man I am so dead. As I passed the very intimidating and snickering vamps that still hadn't cleaned the blood from their faces or fangs I stated, "That was not very nice and you know it," and continued my way to the front of the line.

A very beautiful woman with dark blonde hair in light curls, a skin tight black staples black dress of silk, and to top it off a pair of killer red pumps- which I had no doubt could actually kill you- stood as the bouncer.

"Why hello there sugar," The woman's southern charm rang out while she smiled letting her fangs pop out.

I jumped a little and she chuckled making my cheeks burn. "Hi. I really need to get inside." My fingers clenched the handle to my suitcase tighter every second and I was soon aware of my clothes. I was wearing a deep red long sleeved v-neck, dark blue skinny jeans, and a pair of quite cute strappy sandals. It wasn't the bottom of my clothed I was worried about, it was the top. My neck was clearly exposed for anything to sink their teeth into. Shit!

"For what?" The blonde bouncer smiled at me while looking me over and stopping to stare right at my exposed neck.

"I need to find someone." Just let me in!

"Who?" She prodded more but really it was none of her business who I was looking for. Nosey aren't we?

Someone," I replied simply.

"Why aren't you the little mysterious avoider? Well I'll let you in but be careful," She smiled evilly at me and I gave one back just as bad just to show I wasn't scared, but of course every part of me was.