Two For The Blood (Eric Northman) Ch.28 Peeping Eric

Ch. 28 Peeping Eric

Eric's P.O.V.

It was seven o'clock and I had just woken up. Immediately I sensed where Violet was, in the library. Since her training with Maximus had started all she does is train, research the evil she is supposed to defeat, and teaches her dance class. And even for that she has cut down on by hiring another person to help teach on Thursdays. I'm afraid for her. The once innocent, light hearted, fiery tempered Violet I used to know just months ago has now gone cold. I know she feels she needs to toughen up, become a warrior, but she needs to be able to feel too. I know exactly what it's like to let my vampire side take over and just think about the blood, the pulse, and the kill. It can change you, and not for the better.

Within a second I was dressed and at the library door. She didn't know I was there or perhaps she was just pretending not too. Violet was a very good actress when she wanted to be. Though it was a little harder for her to lie to me because of the bond, but right now not even her heart was beating above normal.

I watched her for the next few hours peering over papers, scribbling notes down, getting frustrated because she still couldn't figure something out, and finally falling asleep on top of a pile of books. She wasn't the only one frustrated about this whole ordeal about this evil threatening to suck the world into hell. Since the encounter I have had a few contacts working around the clock to figure out who we're up against. Still however nothing has come up and even I was getting a little nervous.

Slowly to not wake her I lifted Violet up into my arms and laid us both on the couch. It was nice and big so I had no trouble placing next to me. She stirred in her sleep and I thought about trying something I read about soul blood bonded couples. In the book Godric had sent to Violet, a passage read that the soul blood bonded couple could peer into each other's dreams. While being absolutely still I closed my eyes and concentrated. Soon my mind went into a deep slumber and I felt like I was spinning until everything went bright.

It was strange that I could tell I was in Violet's dream. I was standing in a dark corridor with doors on both sides. Before I could think of where I was I heard Violet coming. I don't know how I knew it was her but before another blink she was running right past me and through a door. I decided to run after her and when I went through the door I saw her looking at a pair of guns. They were quite nice actually. Lethal for sure. I was about to see if I could pick one up but she started to walk through a different door. This time Violet was staring at Sookie and myself kissing. The dream version of me winked at me and then Violet began to cry. I wanted to bring her close and tell her it's just a dream but she took off again this time a door to the left.

When I reached for the doorknob everything went white again and then I was standing on a manicured lawn with maple trees all around. A small breath sounded next to me, it was Violet who was looking straight ahead. I followed her gaze to a little girl with her hair in a bun with a white dress standing on some type of red carpet trail. The little girl turned around and walked right up to Violet to take her hand. Reluctantly Violet did and began her walk down the trail with the little girl. I followed swiftly and the scene turned into a golden glow all around.

When I could see clearly of where we were going to next I had no idea it would be to Godric. The sight of him made me want to cry. He embraced Violet with her back to me and for a split second he stared straight at me. I couldn't help the tears fall then. And for once in a thousand years they were not tears of blood but tears of a human. My tears as a human.

I wiped my face with my hand and looked down at them. In some way they were beautiful to me but I went back to focusing my attention to Violet. She had let go of Godric and from what I could tell was saying her goodbyes. With speed she began to panic and run as the sky turned dark and full of thunder and lightning. She ran right past me to a look a like of me again. My look alike looked as if he were in pain. I ran to see what was going on and when I got there the little evil girl who set loose the zombies on Violet and I was there laughing. Violet was breathing heavy and had a sword in her hands. I didn't know what was going to happen. Just as Violet looked like she was going to attack the little evil girl it stabbed me in the heart with a stake. Instantly I died in Violet's arms and the girl was gone.

For hours it seemed Violet held my dead body and I finally was getting the big picture. She was afraid for me. She was afraid of me getting in the cross fire and dieing along with just trying to fight the war in the first place.

Somehow I could feel Violet starting to wake and I broke the connection. With a start I peered down at her. Yes she was stirring so I carefully laid her back down on her pile of books so she didn't know that I disturbed her. I could just see her now getting a little mad about it for some reason. Lack of sleep for the shorty is never a good thing to deal with. Before her eyes were open I bolted out of there and made my way back up to our bedroom to mull things over. Her dreams were so intense and so full of emotion no wonder why she's so cold.

I lay on the bed thinking about me dieing in her dreams with my eyes closed that for a second I didn't even realize she came into the room. When I opened my eyes I saw she has tears streaming down her face. With stifled sobs she walked her way over to me and clung to me with her face in my chest. I pulled me arms around her and just let her cry while whispering to her that I loved her and that it's going to be alright.

For an hour she let it all go. All the bad she had been dealing with. It was all fading away and when she finally sat up to look me in the eyes I knew she was becoming herself again.

"Eric," She whispered.

"Yes my love?"

Her lip trembled and she took my hands in hers as I sat up. "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me."

"Violet I don't blame you for anything. I will always be here," I reassured her and I pulled her into my arms.

"It's just so much," She breathed and I could tell she was almost about to start crying again so I started rubbing gentle circles on her back.

"I know."

"I-I just want you to know I would move Heaven and Hell to keep you safe," She whispered and I pulled her even closer to me.

I closed my eyes and placed a sweet kiss on her forehead, "I know."