13

I was actually enjoying myself as I rode shotgun inside of Ray's car. His car was clean on the inside even though it was an old model.

It smelt like peppermint. The interior was dope. Real black leather seats to match the rugs.

A nice expensive radio was installed inside and had air. We really didn't talk so to make the ride as smooth as possible.

He plugged his phone up to his Aux and played some of his music. He eventually turn his music down since he got a text message.

"So, were you two really dating?" I asked, out of the blue. "Who?" I looked at him as if he was stupid. "You and that Siri girl."

"Man nawl." Ray answered. "We was just messing around and shit... it was nothing special."

"So you was messing with her while we were dating?" I asked, looking at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

Ray stayed quiet, letting me know then that he was. "Oh my God." I said dramatically. "Why did I ever give you a chance?"

"Why wouldn't you?" Ray replied back cockily. "I could think of some reasons." I mumbled caused him to cut his eyes at me.

We were silent. "I like you Milan... you a good girl." Ray stated. "That's why am attracted to you... I need a good girl on my side"

"In that case, you wouldn't have been messing around with other girls." I retorted. " I wasn't really messing with anybody but Siri..."

"At the time... ight? And I was hardly fucking with her, you forgot that I was always with you almost every day."

I just folded my arms while looking out of the window. "Alright?" Ray reiterated while touching my thigh, I push his hand away.

"Don't touch me, because I don't believe you I just don't." I said. "Let me make it up to you, please."

"Make it up to me how? It just can't be made up you been messing around on me." I sneered back at him. He bit his lip.

"Damn Milan I know I fucked up alright? And I apologized for hurting you, can you just let me make it up to you? Man, stop being stubborn.."

I sat there and thought about it. I can't help how I act I just always kept my guard up. I didn't want Ray to manipulate me in anyway.

But judging by his face I could tell he was serious and he really did want to make everything up to me.

"And how are you going to make this up to me?" I asked him. He stared at my bougie ass (as he says) before licking those lips of his.

"First, let me take you out to dinner... you're dressed for it." He said. "I can't be out all night I have to be home by 11." I said.

"Well we got a little time, let me just make all this shit up to you."

♾♾♾

He did take me to a restaurant as promised. We went in and ordered some seafood and started talking.

I really wasn't even nervous about eating infront of him since he already took me out to eat before.

"I'm just trying to make this right between us." Ray spoke wiping his mouth he had finished eating his food and now he was waiting on me.

"I hear you." I replied while sipping on my drink. "Just give me a second chance and I'mma show you how I'll make shit right."

He grabbed my left hand. The restaurant was nearly empty so he could pull off that little passionate shit.

"Just give a nigga another chance." He continued. My mind raced while thinking. I don't know about that.

Giving another chance after I caught him red handed. I wasn't so sure. "Ray I'm not sure about all of that." I started off.

"I mean- I really do like you but I'm not here for all of that lying and cheating shit... I don't have time for that."

"And I understand that, I'm not tryna hurt you again." He said. "You keeping it real with me or what?" I asked.

"Cause I'm not one of those girls that you're used to, I'm different..." I trailed off. "I'm keeping it real shawty... believe that."

♾♾♾

TO BE CONTINUED.