Monkey Attack

After the confrontation with Polly, she hastily left with a promise to think over my advice. Ever since then, I have not heard of her or any fire destruction events. Life somewhat went back to normal, but without Val's presence. From what I've overheard from the adults talking, the HQ Agents are trying to keep her for closer examination.

Val's low-key imprisonment caused fury upon her mother and the entire Minotaur clan. Val's mother once came over to plead dad for assistance, but dad said that he couldn't promise anything and will try to gain information. It appears that dad clearly cares for Val's safety even though he didn't seem to show much care for my best friend whenever she was around.

Speaking of dad, he's been busier lately with his friend Emily. He's been travelling more to help out other supernatural clients ever since the government impose more restrictions on them.

Aunt Beth and Uncle Seb had been practicing their element for self-defense after they gotten their tattoo. They seem to be on high alert on any news that's broadcasted. Aunt Beth has also been taking the pleasure to drag me to train whenever she sees me lazing around.

Can't a girl catch a break?

"Fix your stance, Melinda Caesar!" Aunt Beth scolds, gently kicking my knee and make me stumble. I glare at her and immediately fix my mistake.

"We've been on this for hours, Aunty," I complain with a pout. "I'm tired."

"No. Come at me again. You need to learn to hold your ground."

I roll my eyes, getting tired at her insistence. "You have Elemental powers and you keep tripping me with roots. No one else in this universe have Earth powers who wants to harm me," I sassily reply, earning another trip from the tree she's been controlling.

"She's right, Beth," Uncle Seb amusingly say from relaxing under the tree.

Aunt Beth shifts her scolding eyes on her friend which causes Uncle Seb to be dangled from a tree branch a second later. Uncle Seb yelps and instinctively burns the branch to release himself.

I wince when he falls to the ground with a loud thud.

"That's it," Uncle Seb hisses playfully. Both his hand have a big amount of fire on them. I take a few steps back and watch as the two Elemental spar.

I find it fascinating how their powers cancel each other out every time they fight. It shows that none of them were above the other and any one of their weaknesses could be the other's strength. The four of them balance each other out, in terms of powers and personalities.

Divided, they're powerful in their own ways, but also have their individual weaknesses. Together however, they're the yin and yang of the universe. If one of them dies, another would be born to take over the place of that certain Elemental. Life goes on.

If all four of them die... that's something no one wants to know. I theorized that it would be as bad, or even worse, than when the Peacekeeper gets killed.

Heaven knows that we can't have another war like the Battle of Gurney City again.

Aunt Beth got a wild bear to keep an eye on me as she concentrates on sparring with Uncle Seb. The wild bear bows at me before being seated next to me.

"Hello," I greet the bear with a smile. The bear lets out a small huff and lowers her head to the ground. Her cub comes up to me and attempts to get my attention by playfully biting my fingers.

Apparently some animals willingly come up to Aunt Beth and communicate, but most don't bother. Aunt Beth prefers not to disturb them unless if the world depends on it again. She also mentioned that trees are much better companions than animals.