Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Danté POV:

When Leslie finally calls the rehearsal to an end I switch on my phone and see that it was now five hours later! Well, we did have many concerts lined up so practices were longer and harder. I then see about ten miss calls from an unknown number, I wonder who could be calling so urgently? Maybe they got the wrong number, so I decide to brush it off as that exactly, the wrong number.

“Hey Mike! Thanks for subbing today man, maybe we’ll play together soon again?” he laughs and takes time man. Look I actually need a drummer for next week, the pay is good and you know most of the music. You in?”

“Yeah, sure man! Just send me the details and I’ll see you soon then” we exchange greetings and I head to the car when my cellphone rings again, mmmmmm… this is weird. Who is this? I reject the call when a voice startles me from behind “Whose what now?” I turn around and see Leslie and didn’t realize that I’ve said that out loud. I show her my phone and the unknown number on display “This number has called me a dozen times already, look familiar?”

 she studies it for a second and takes out her phone scrolling for something “I thought so, it’s under Caron’s name on my phone, so it’s probably the diners phone” I immediately tense up as it could only be Juliette calling, but she never goes anywhere without her phone or her charger for that matter, she has a bit of an Instagram addiction. I chuckle remembering that in the past week she’s probably taken about fifty photos of him, herself and Sarah. She has a bit of an Insta-problem.

“Thanks Les” I hug her, climb into my Jeep and head of to the diner already itching to see Jules, but what I see when I enter the diner pulls at my heart and my pulse starts racing. The moment Caron sees me she runs to me and I envelope her in a hug. I pull away and look at her half swollen face indicating that she had been a bit beaten up but she just starts sobbing and drags me to the kitchen “I-I-I’m so sorry Danté, they jus-s-t and I was knocked out a-and…”

she was not making any sense so I got her a cup of tea as she calmed down a bit and she started from the beginning. As she recollected the story of what happened I could feel the anger and rage boil within me as my balled fists were now turning white. After she had finished I punched the wall and almost left a huge hole in it. Caron looks at me with sympathy and a bit of fright and I immediately regret acting this way “I’m sorry… it’s just that..”

“Sir, ma’am , I’m officer Brown. You called?” Caron immediately got up, told him the story and within thirty long excruciating minutes he came back “We have had a sighting of the vehicle, let’s go and get your fiancé back sir” luckily Caron had managed to stumble out of the diner to get a glimpse of the registration of the vehicle.

Caron then suddenly looked up at me as if remembering something “Sarah! It was her father and some lady after all” lady? I rush out to my car with Caron and the police officer following in his car. The police officer had called in back-up while Danté and Caron rushed off to Sarah’s school which had to end in about… ten minutes!

Luckily they reached the school within the ten minutes and just in time for the bell to ring and just as he was about to get out of the car when he saw Sarah, Caron pulled him back and whispered in his ear “Look! There’s a women with Sarah, she was the one who helped the father get Juliette” he squinted and took another look at the women when he noticed- “Lauren!” so that’s why she had missed rehearsal.

Quickly Danté formulates a plan and quickly tells Caron what to do before slowly walking out of the car trying to look at calm as possible. He sees how Lauren spots him and she smiles but looks a bit nervous as her hold tightens on Sarah and Sarah looks in pain as her claws are probably digging into his daughters skin. “Hi Lauren” he touches her arm and Sarah slides out of her hold as she runs towards him and jumps in his arms. “Wanna take a walk with us?” he smiles his charming million dollar smile and Lauren automatically says yes as Sarah hides in his chest as he notices the nail marks on her arms are red and will probably leave scratches.

When they reach the car he opens the passenger door for Lauren but then Caron quickly springs into action and ties her to the seat with handcuffs and covers her mouth with some tape. She tries to fight it and scream but it is ineffective. I make sure that Sarah’s head is buried in my neck so that she tries to miss as much of what is happening as possible.

I thumbs up and high five Caron and look Lauren straight in the eye as she glares at me with confusion and anger “You and this sicko are NOT going to get away with this and I will find my Juliette.” And as if on cue the police officer arrives at the school with the back-up in tow. Danté explains Laurens involvement and soon she is handcuffed in the back of the police vehicle and we are told the location where Juliette is being kept.

Caron and Sarah head home with my car as I go with the officer to get Juliette. I kiss a now sleeping Sarah on her forehead, hug Caron and watch as my baby goes home.

When we arrive at the location it looks like an old abandoned building with brown walls and filthy. The police surround the building silently while I am also standing there, but behind two officers from the door as I am instructed to get Jules out of there and to a hospital, if needed.

The lead officer signals that it is time to enter and as he counts down I get antsy as I need to get Jules out of this place, now. 3,2,1 go he mouths and they take that as their queue and as they have him surrounded he looks shocked at first but then smirks at them. I look over at Jules’ unconscious form lying on the floor in a turned over chair.

 She looks pale and as if shes been lying there for days but it was just hours so he must have beaten her badly as her hair has some dry blood in and there are bruises on her face and body. They stand ready for anything to happen and the officer walks towards him but then he takes out a gun and points it at Juliette “If I go down, the bitch goes with me” he puts his finger on the trigger and as he releases it multiple gunshots are heard and I jump infront of Juliettes lifeless form.

I then look down and see that my shirt is being covered in blood and there are black spots now dancing in my line of vision, but before everything blacks out, I see his body slump to the floor with two bullets to his chest and I smile knowing that Jules will be safe and with that the world goes black…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.... this is the first chapter that has Dante's POV completely! yay -claps hands- sooo... now what? Jules is unconcious and Dante is shot? my poor characters! aahhh... we are slowly coming to the end of my book, so... about 3 more chapters maybe?

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend/sister Lesley (yes, LOL, shes actually a real person) who supports my writing and is always willing to help me thru a writers block O_o LOVE YOU!

Thanks to everyone who has read, is reading and will still read this book! Much LOVE!

VOTE. COMMENT. READ

Xx

-A