chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Juliette POV

Crash! Bang bang bang! Crash! “urrgh!” what does one have to do to get silence around here? Just as the racket came to a standstill I look at the bedside clock and it’s now 1am?! Frustrated, I close my eyes again and count the sheep 1 sheep…2 sheep’s...3sheeps… bang! Bang bang!  Wow, gee thanks for being so considerate. Who or what is making that noise? Its sounds like a seven year old found a pair of drum sticks and decided to hit the thing like it was a piñata, for heaven’s sake! When I get to the 100th sheep, I’ve had enough, switch on the bedside lamp and decide to investigate this noise. I walk pass Leslies room and she’s in a fetus position, sleeping like a baby. I don’t even put bed slippers on and walk with determination to the front door, almost ripping it from its hinges open and walk down the hall, but the sound gets softer and walk back and… oh no… it can’t be, but what the heck? I go all psycho woman and knock on the door directly opposite our apartment

 “Hey! You inside there! What the hell are you doing making such a damn loud noise at 1 in the morning? Are you-” I am stopped midsentence when the noise stops and I hear footsteps getting closer to the door. Come on Jules, stay strong, I repeat to myself preparing for what is to happen. When I hear the chains being unlocked and the door opening I stand taller and push my shoulders back, but am knocked breathless by what I see. A pure Greek god in all his 6”2 glory, with jet black hair, warm chocolate eyes, beautiful lashes and a very well built body with biceps you just want to run your hands over with.

“May I help you?” a deep voice brings me out of my trance. I blink suddenly realizing I was staring openly at the pure sexiness in front of me. “uhrm…. Uhh...” I stop stammering when I hear the laughter erupt from his chest and two dimples appear in his cheeks, which makes him look so darn cute, which is odd for such a big guy. “Like what you see?” I suddenly anger, realizing his laughing at me. I suddenly notice the pair of drum sticks which he is holding in his hand… now it makes sense. Suddenly miss sassy comes out when I put my hands on my hips and put my finger in the air which causes him to stop laughing, but there is still a smirk on his face. “are you quite finished?” he nods, still holding back a smile as his dimples threaten to make an appearance “good, because some people actually want to sleep and you banging the shit of the hi-hat and your bass drum, just because you clearly got some dynamic issues, doesn’t mean you have to let the rest of the building know, especially at 1 in the morning” he gapes at me slightly probably shocked at how I knew the drums. I smile my best sweet smile “so would you please maybe give yourself a rest till later?” he scratches the back of his head and looks apologetically at me “I’m sorry. I didn’t know I was bothering so much people” awwhhh… he looks so cute right now! All like a schoolboy that had done something wrong. “It’s cool” we stand a bit in silence as I see him taking in my appearance and I suddenly feel like I have too little clothes on as I’m wearing my pajama shorts and a tank top. I feel a bit drowsy and put my hand out towards him “well… it was nice meeting you neighbor” and his huge hand wraps around my small one and those dimples appear in all their glory as he gives me a million dollar smile “maybe I’ll see you around some time” and with that we both go back to our apartments and I immediately dose off, falling into a deep sleep with the image of jet black hair, brown eyes and dimples in my head.

Today was Friday, which meant that I worked the early shift but seeing as though I only got about 5 hours of sleep, I felt and probably looked like the dead. My alarm goes off and I accidently knock it to the floor and stand up to go to the shower, my legs feeling like lead. When I walk into the kitchen, I see Leslie sitting on the counter with Kej in between her legs, the two sharing an occasional kiss. Leslie spots me and jumps off the counter hugging me “someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed…” I just scowl at her “Well ,gee thanks, now I know that I look like the ass of a dog and that I will probably not be able to eat on that table ever again” I say and look at Kej looking down at his feet, I laugh and hug him “Morning Kej”.  I let go and Leslie walks in front of him and he wraps his arms around her waist and buries his face in her neck “uhrm… could you perhaps wait till I was gone to do that.” I roll my eyes, but laugh once I am outside hearing a glass break. I take that as my queue and run out the building, get in my car and drive to work while, of course, blearing Ariana Grande through the speakers. “Baby I!!....” I scream at the top of my lungs but am brought back from my moment when an old guy hoots at me and tells me to shut up. I laugh and silently curl into the seat and drive to work.