chapter 3

Chapter 3

Juliette POV

After what felt like hours of Leslie doing my hair, make up, choosing my dress and shoes, I finally get up and look in the mirror. My mouth falls open at what I see, it doesn’t look like me. My eyes seem to somehow ‘pop’ more and one can clearly see the hazel colour. My hair looks effortless in a plait do and goes perfectly with my knee length flowing white dress with beige heels and my neutral coloured jersey. “My work here is done” says a very pleased with herself Leslie while examining me in the mirror as well. I hug her tightly “thank you so much” she smiles and lets go of me looking at the time “oh, come on your going to be late” and just as I grab my jersey I hear a knock on the door. I hear Danté’s voice as he greets Leslie and the butterflies suddenly appear in the pit of my stomach. I take a deep calming breath and walk out the room when Danté stops midsentence and looks at me.

 Leslie turns around with a big smile plastered to her face and I do a small twirl “am I too dressed up?” I ask worried that he might have had something that required takkies or flat shoes. He smiles and nods “No, it’s perfect” we make our way out the door and just as I am about to exit the door Leslie whispers in my ear “I left a little something in your purse. Just in case.” She winks and I hear laughter as she closes the door and we make our way to his car. I can just imagine what she had left in my purse, which I am almost afraid to open it but curiosity gets the best of me and open my purse. I feel my face turn pink by what I saw. She actually left a condom in my purse! I quickly shut it and look out the window in hopes of him not seeing it. For the rest of the ride we make small talk until we stop at the most beautiful view I’ve ever seen.

We get out of the car and he walks to the front desk and talks to the lady, while I am totally distracted by the view. Speaking of the view, I turn around and examine Danté. Wow, he looks gorgeous in his chino, white shirt that shows of his perfectly sculptured body and his slightly tousled hair. I didn’t realize I was staring until I notice him looking at me ogling him openly and he smiles. I look down and blush as I feel bad for basically just raping him with my eyes. I look up to see him standing right in front of me, he puts out his hand and I put mine into his intertwining our fingers as he leads us to a table with a beautiful view of the lake. A waiter appears with a bottle of wine and two glasses, takes our order and Danté pours us both a glass. “So, Jules” he smiles and continues “tell me more about yourself” I look at him “21 questions?” he puts his glass down “sure, why not”. I start “how old are you and what’s your favourite colour?” he rubs his chin “I’m 25 and my favourite colour is blue” I raise my glass “nice colour choice. So I’m 24 and I like blue and red” we continue like this until our food appears.

So far I’ve learnt that he has one older brother, sister-in-law and a nephew. His parents live about an hour away from here. He was about to ask me about my family when luckily, I was saved by the bell or should I say food rather. I did not want to bring up my mother and the fact that I haven’t spoken to my father in 3 years.

Once we finish our main and dessert, I’m famished. “That was the best fish I have ever had, thank you” the bill arrives and he stops me from paying once again, just smiles and hands the waiter his card.  We walk, but not to the car until we finally reach the lake and he turns to me “Feel like doing something awesome?” he looks to the lake and back at me and I immediately know what his thinking of “Oh no… your crazy” he shrugs and takes of his shirt and stands closer to me so that I feel his breath on my face “suit yourself then” and he walks towards the lake while taking of his pants and he then cannonballs into the lake. I laugh and walk a bit closer “you’re going to get a cold, you know” he pouts and it’s so darn cute that I am tempted to join him “well… we could get a cold together?” he stands in the water which reaches just above his waist and I see his perfect torso now wet with drops running over his chiseled abs. “hey Jules!” he shouts breaking me from my reverie and I watch as he tries to wet me by throwing water at me and I instinctively move back. “Not afraid of a little water are we?” he teases me, I’ll show him whose afraid of water. I reach for my heels and remove them first and then start lifting my dress over my head until I am only in underwear. I walk to the edge of the lake and give him a challenging look “who’s afraid of the water now?” I say before catching him by surprise and cannonballing into the cold water. I rise to the surface shivering a bit “omgoodness, this water is freezing” I say and wrap my arms around myself when suddenly I feel hands go around my waist, hoist me in the air and throw into the water again. I surface seeing a grinning Danté and when he turns around to make a run for it when he sees my face, I run as fast as I can “oh no, you don’t” when I am close enough I jump on his back and he dives under the water with me still on his back. We resurface and start splashing each other with water when finally I give up as I am laughing too much.

The nights crisp air touches my skin and I am once again cold until I see Danté walk to me and wrap his arms around me and suddenly I feel warm. “Better?” he asks while he puts his chin on my head and we just stand like this and I realize that I am only in my underwear and him in trunks but I enjoy the feel of our skin touching. I feel such a strong attraction to him, I wonder if he feels it too? I look up and we just look into each other’s eyes, he smiles and those dimples appear. I suddenly realize that if one of us moves our lips will meet and gosh do those lips look tempting. I am cut from my thoughts when I feel his lips crash onto mine. His kiss is gentle and I don’t hesitate to respond and as the kiss grows I run my arms up his biceps and wrap my arms around his neck when a sound makes up snap out of our kiss. “You’re getting cold and it’s late, let’s go back” we quickly slip on our clothes, he grabs my hand and we walk to his car. He hands me my jacket and I spend the whole ride back staring at him from under my lashes and blushing every time he would look at me and smile.

 When we arrive at our apartments I kiss him on his cheek and thank him, biting my bottom lip remembering the kiss we shared. I turn around and head to my apartment when he gives me a slap on the ass “Night, beautiful” he smiles and I walk like a kid who just got a present on Christmas day back to the apartment and walk in to find Leslie asleep on Kej’s lap on the couch. I smile, they are so adorable. I kiss Leslie on the forehead and say goodnight to Kej. I take a hot shower and climb into my warm pajamas as I don’t want to get sick. I feel my eyelids slowly close and I fall asleep with a smile on my face as I remember that wonderful kiss we shared.       

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another chapter within a day? oh yes, it's cuz the writing bugs got me.

vote. comment. read

Xx

much love

-A