eight

"today's show is hella fun!"

yeoreum screams at the top of her lungs, haerin at the back can only manage to shake her head as her lips curls into a small smile.

that night, the two just got back from the 'produce x 101' showcase. throughout the time, wide smile has never been faded from yeoreum's lips. she doesn't know the exact reason though but today's showcase sparked herself a bit different than the previous one.

maybe because she cannot forget at how seungyoun kept glancing at her place when he was performing and during the 119's group ment.

"i can't believe that i've made countless eye contact with seungyoun... it feels like a dream comes true, you know?" yeoreum mutters while dropping her body onto the couch, feeling exhausted from screaming full of excitement.

haerin looks at her with a smirk on her face. "wow, wow, wow. do you already forget about jinhyuk? isn't he your top pick anymore?"

"i'm— it's just that," yeoreum takes off her bomber jacket as she continues, "there's something from seungyoun that gives me chills. i can't describe it properly but you know what i'm trying to say to you, right? i feel like he knows me and those stolen glances weren't done by accident. it feels like he did that intentionally and— gosh, i'm being delusional!"

seeing yeoreum getting so frustrated at herself makes haerin giggles. for real, haerin cannot stop thinking at the reason why does her friend has to be this clueless? she can't register the fact that yeoreum doesn't has any idea of her actually texting with seungyoun for the past few weeks.

haerin already expects this to happen.

he looks at you cause he knows you, dummy. haerin monologues.

yeoreum stands up as she shots a confused glare at haerin. "haerin, why are you so quiet? say something!"

"what's wrong with being in silence? i'm also trying to brace myself with yohan's angelic vocal, okay?"

yeoreum lets out a soft chuckle. "his voice is great! big applause for him," she pulled out her thumbs up as haerin flashed her a smile. yeoreum adds, "i'm going to shower first."

as she earns an affirmative nod from haerin, yeoreum walks to her bedroom with her bomber jacket on her grip, she hangs it inside her closet and then pulls out a pair of iron man onesie to wear it later. she then goes to the bathroom, washes herself, puts on her clothes and jumps onto the bed.

after that, yeoreum takes out a mini foldable desk, setting it on the bed. she then grabs her laptop and carefully places it on the desk while she connects her DSLR camera to the laptop using her USB.

yeoreum opens a folder from the camera's memory card and then, pictures of jinhyuk and seungyoun that she took during the showcase this evening are slowly filling the screen, making yeoreum's lips to form a cheeky grin.

"tsk, your face and ears are turning red. you surely can't resist those pictures, aren't you?" haerin suddenly barges into her room, startling yeoreum a bit.

yeoreum breathes out, her fingers tapping the desk, her nails creating the tuk sound as they hit the surface interminably.

"haerin, i think i'm going to stop being a fansite master."

"really? why? is it because you aren't a fan of jinhyuk anymore?"

"that might be the most stupid reason that i'll ever choose but that's absolutely a no, haerin," yeoreum shifts in her seat as she fixes her eyes on haerin. "i just want to try to enjoy the show without standing behind the camera lenses. i started to find it so hard to focus on their performances when i was so busy capturing their pictures perfectly, plus the expectations of jinhyuk's fans towards my beautiful shots also kinda make me gone nuts too,"

"but you took all of the pictures well, yeoreum. besides, it's also a part of your profession, right?" haerin tries to console her as she is worried that yeoreum might get disappointed with her own decision sooner.

yeoreum steals a glimpse of the pictures plastered on the laptop's screen, letting out a lump of sigh, falling into a cauldron of dilemma. "you gotta help me with this, haerin. i really want to do this because i already confide in myself to support my picks whole-heartedly and watch their performances with full of attention."

haerin's pupils move upward, index finger at the side of her forehead, overwhelmed with wonders. she does not think to deny or to agree with her best friend's decision because she knows that yeoreum is the type that acknowledges her place very well. in somewhat situation, yeoreum is smart enough to take part in things that will not exceed her limit. but if it does, she will work hard to cope with it and have responsibility.

but, as brilliant as she is, despite being three years older than haerin, yeoreum is still a gullible person that she is open to things so easily. that's why she wouldn't even mind to text with a stranger or talk a lot with him without even knowing his real name. as long as she is having fun, trusts the person won't do her any harm, she will keep continuing.

out of sudden, like a bulb flickeres and lights up inside her head, haerin takes rapid footsteps towards yeoreum on the bed as she grabs the older one by the shoulders to face her.

"how about," haerin begins, looking straight into yeoreum's eyes. "you give your fansite to other people?"

"that's amazing!" the lucid chips of yeoreum's eyes go bright with the idea. "but, how do we find the fan to accept it?"

"we don't need to find it, my yeoreum..."

"what do you mean?"

"i know someone that can help you."

© younreumie