twenty-four

it is the same night all over again; seungyoun unpacking his stuff after moving into x1's dorm.

the group has moved in for almost two weeks by far, and for the first week, they lived without having all of their belongings transferred. then recently as the movement has completed, it is time to unpack and arrange them into their assigned room.

there is one box left to unpack. seungyoun tears away the tape that secures the box as he opens it, and then realises that it is the box that his mother packed for him from their home after taking a look at the stuff inside it. most of them are household items that he guesses his mother must have just bought it for him in conjunction with the new dormitory. seungyoun finds it funny and quite adorable for his mother as he remembers he told her about x1's house being fully furnished.

while the box is in the process of being emptied out, seungyoun encounters an item that absolutely catches his attention.

it's a PSP game console with a palm tree keychain strapped on it.

"oh, mom... why would you pack this?" seungyoun talks to himself as he chuckles.

he grabs it, admiring the memory behind that particular item. seungyoun's mind lingers to a flashback that does not so often come knocking his brain, but every time it does, it will never fail to make him smile uncontrollably.

"you are my saviour by the way," the memory emerges in his mind.

"thank you for being my hero..." without realising, seungyoun mutters those words while caressing the game console.

he begins to wonder about the whereabouts of his hero from fifteen years ago. how is she doing, where is she now... and most importantly, her name.

seungyoun recalls that he once asked his mother to go back to the school where he came across the girl who helped him so he could see her again and if possible, be friends with her. however, the effort had come to vain as they found out that the girl no longer went to that school due to an undisclosed reason. which was very upsetting for seungyoun as he really wanted to meet her, get to know her more or at least, find out what her name is.

years flew by and seungyoun has quietly moved on from the beautiful encounter, but it would be a total lie if he has forgotten about it. sometimes he wishes for a day where he can meet that girl again, and this time, he will be sure to properly repay her bravery and kindness.

a ringtone breaks seungyoun's profound thoughts as he seizes his phone from the bed to answer the call.

it's from yeoreum.

"hey, doll." seungyoun begins as his smile deepens.

"hi, handsome. how's the unpacking going?"

"i'm currently at the last box. which i think i'll continue later 'cause i want to talk to you."

"oh my god, no. you should continue. sorry for interrupting you..."

"hey, it's fine. please don't go..."

"but you need to unpack, my love."

"which i can settle next time. now i just want to talk with you. why are you doing this to the birthday boy?" seungyoun pouts.

"as far as i remember your birthday is tomorrow." playfulness is cleared in yeoreum's voice.

"tsk, but still." seungyoun bounces to his bed. "i'm sad that we are both busy on my birthday. i wish i have more time to celebrate it together with you."

yeoreum, across the line, is trying her best to hide her excitement. well, it is true that they have respective schedule for tomorrow, but that's not the point. she really anticipates what she will do for seungyoun's birthday celebration where she already comes up with a whole new plan.