Chapter 31

Alright my lovlies, this is the next chapter, the frenzy has finally subsided but enjoy!!! I think this song is a pretty good one for Xavier and Juliet and this guy is an incredible musician!  You should check out some of his other work too.  Just look up Rob Harmon on YouTube!  I haven't edited yet, but enjoy my darlings!!! <3

This other cover on the side here, that's from Seikaphoenix too, and I just wanted to say thank you again to her for her awesome covers!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 31 

Chuck was just outside my door, he gently gripped my upper arm and pulled me with him.  “Don’t give them any indication that I’ve been anything but cruel to you.  Understand?” Chuck growled.

“Okay, but why?”

“You’re merchandise.  Something to be bartered with.  My curiosity got the better of me, but that doesn’t mean I’m fool enough to forget good business.”

“Chuck, it’s okay to not be business all the time.”

Chuck’s glance slid my way as a condescending eyebrow raised.  “Don’t be silly.  Do as I’ve said.”

At the top of the stairs I saw his back.  He had his arms crossed and if I knew him at all, he was glaring at the guards around him.  I’d recognize that man anywhere.  I took off at a sprint and I flung myself at at him.  I knocked him down as my arms wrapped around him.  It took him a moment to realize I was the one who had tackled him and the moment he did everything about him seemed to soften as his arms crushed me to his chest as he maneuvered himself to wrap himself around me.

“Oh my God, babe, I’ve fucking missed you,” I whispered as tears sprang to my eyes and I kissed along his jawline.

“Darling,” Xavier sighed as he squeezed me tighter.  “You aren’t hurt, are you?”

“No, Chuck’s actually taken pretty good care of me.” 

Xavier sighed and sat up.  He helped me up and wrapped a possessive arm around my waist.  “Stay behind me,” he whispered as he kissed my temple then his eyes fixed on Chuck.  Chuck had an amused smirk on his face as he descended the last of the stairs.  

“Are you quite finished?” Chuck drawled.

“Hardly,” Xavier growled.  “She comes with me.”

“Possibly.” Chuck shrugged.  “That all depends on what you have to offer me and how well I like it.”  Chuck growled and his entire demeanor darkened.  “Remove her from him!”

“No!” Xavier and I both shouted as we clutched at each other.  Sure enough Jax was there to rip me from Xavier’s grasp and place the barrel of a gun against my head and I saw Xavier receive the same treatment.

“Don’t hurt him!” I pleaded.  “Please, just don’t, don’t hurt him, please!” 

Chuck let out a theatric sigh.  “Don’t say I’ve never been generous with you.” Chuck drawled and waved his hand.  Jax’s grip didn’t loosen but the gun was lowered and so was the gun pointed at Xavier.

“Thank you,” I whispered as my racing heart rate slowed.  I looked at Xavier and saw the same relief cross his face.

“Where is Marcus?” Xavier demanded.