Chapter 21

Well my darlings, for those of you who are not fans, my computer died on me and I had to get a new one which resulted in me losing my work and me having to rewrite, so here's we go!  The next chapter is up.  Enjoy <3 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 21

I woke up as Xavier was settling himself in.

"Hey babe," I smiled as I turned in his arms and gave him a kiss.

"Hello, darling,” 

“How did everything go?”

“Well enough.  Go back to sleep.  You need your rest.”

“I’m okay.  It feels like that’s about all I do these days.  Tell me what happened?”

“We can talk later.  It’s late.  We have an early morning.”

“You’re dodging again.” I growled out.  I was getting fed up with being kept in the dark.  

“Juliet, I’m tired.  It’s late, why do you want to discuss this right now?”

“Because by morning you’ll have another excuse.” I snapped.  I sat up and pulled away from Xavier.  The last thing I was doing was snuggling if he wasn’t going to bother to tell me anything.

“Darling,” Xavier sighed.  “I tell you what, I have a surprise planned for tomorrow.  It will take a little while to get there, what if I promise to talk about it then?  I’m exhausted and I just want to sleep.”

I sighed.  “Fine.” I grumbled.  “But you better be serious.”

Xavier held his arms open and I snuggled myself next to him.  His arms wrapped around my waist and held me flush against him.  “I love you,” Xavier whispered as he laid a gentle kiss on my shoulder.

“Yeah, yeah, I love you too.” I grumbled.  “But I still hate being kept in the dark.”

Xavier smiled.  “I know.  Just trust me a little while longer.”

“Fine,”

The next morning I woke up to my favorite pair of lips pressed against mine.  “Good morning, darling,” Xavier purred.

“Good morning.  That has to be the best way to wake up.”

“One of them.” Xavier grinned down at me.  “Come, we have to get up and get going.”

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.”

“Enough with the freaking secrets!”

“Juliet, your safety is my top priority.  I am taking you somewhere that will let me feel better about your safety and your ability to protect yourself if you ever need to.”

“That doesn’t tell me much.”

“Come on, I took the liberty of having the kitchen staff make you breakfast.”

“What’d you order?”

“French toast and bacon.”

“You’re not off the hook yet, buddy.” I smiled.  “But that’s a good start.”

“Dress comfortably.  We need to have you disguised.  I have a few options I think would do well.”  Xavier gave me another quick kiss.  “Meet me downstairs when you’re dressed.”