Chapter 10

Sorry for the delay guys, as always I hope you enjoy.  Just so you all know, I have every intention of completeing this story and all the other pieces I've started on here, however the when is a cloudy answer and honestly, I can't say for certain.  You get the next chapter when it's done, but not before then.  I love you all and hope you all still enjoy Juliet's story.  Enjoy

DISCLAIMER:  btw there are a few steamy scenes that go into a bit more depth than usual.  Just a heads up! <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 10

I was back for a few weeks and everything was normal again.  It was wonderful.  I’d reestablished a routine.  The concert master and I had a long talk.  I assured him I would not be going on any more extended leaves of absence anytime in the near future.  He assured me that if I did, I would no longer have a secured position in LSO.  Xavier had become creative in avoiding the paparazzi and we hadn’t had any run ins lately.  It was quite nice.

I’d met with my aunt once since I’d been back and we started planning for the party.  It was going to be a huge event.  I had a lot to figure out, truthfully, it was easier to tell Christine a few details and let her enjoy planning.  She knew what she was doing, and I was completely clueless.  I’d started to learn to behave myself it seemed.  It seemed like a day as normal as any other.  I was almost to rehearsal when Xavier cleared his throat.

“Yeah, babe?”

“I have cleared you calendar for this evening.”

“Oh?  What do you have planned.”

“You will see, however, I have planned ahead, and what you should wear tonight has already been picked out.”

“Are you spoiling me?”

Xavier flashed me a dazzling smile.

“Aww, I love being spoiled.”

“I know.”

“I can’t wait!  Can I have a hint?”

“You’re going to enjoy it.”

“Xavier!  Come on, give me a real hint.”

Xavier shook his head.  “That’s all you get, now we’re here.  Have a good rehearsal.” Xavier gave me a quick peck on the lips.

“Love you.” I called, more than a little disappointed he wouldn’t give me a hint, but still excited about a surprise.  Since I’d been back, I’d impressed the concert master.  I’d been pouring everything into my music. It was the one constant in my life.  Over the past year, it had been one hurdle after another. I didn’t even recognize my life anymore.  Who I was now was nowhere near who I’d been.  This was the last rehearsal before we were recording for a movie soundtrack.  I decided to put whatever Xavier had planned out of my head and focus solely on the music.  At the end the concert master called me over.

“Yes, sir?”

“You’ve surprised me.”

“How so?”

“I honestly thought I was going to have to let go of the king’s niece,” I felt the color drain from my face.  “I’m not planning to at this point.  You’ve turned your performance around.  Whatever you’re doing, keep on doing it.”

“Oh, thank you.  Is that all?”

I was given a curt nod.  “Yes, that’s all.”

“Thank you.  I appreciate it.”  I sighed in relief as I packed up my cello.  I was excited to see the familiar car, less so to see the press surrounding it.  I knew as soon as Xavier had left the car as the press surged around him until he made his way to me.  Then he took his jacket, threw it over my head and shoulders and led me to the car, we simply ignored the press and their questions.  Once safely inside the car I shrugged Xavier’s suit jacket off and handed it back to him.  He folded it in his lap careful not to crease it.