Chapter 12

Alright my lovelies, here's the next chapter!!! I have not had the chance to edit yet, buuuut enjoy!!! <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 12

"Juliet, you are tense. Perhaps I should give you a massage."

"That's a big hell no."

"Why not? Your shoulders are tense. I've been told,"

"Damn it, Luca," I growled. "if you're going to keep this up, you can leave now."

Luca chuckled. He slowly unfurled himself from the couch and before I realized it, he had backed me up to the wall and caged me in with his arms on either side of my head. "You don't really want me to leave."

"Luca, back up."

A languid smile spread over his face. "Your pulse is racing, I can see your thoughts clearly in your eyes. You're enjoying this."

"Luca, I'm with Xavier. This is not okay. Back the fuck up. Now."

"Xavier?" he looked around. "Xavier? Where are you? Oh right, he's not here."

"Just because he isn't here doesn't mean I'm not faithful, you creep. Back the fuck up!" I shoved him back and ducked under his arm. He just laughed. That son of a bitch laughed.

"Juliet, you are so easy to rile up. If you were an unfaithful woman, I would not be half as interested."

"It doesn't matter how interested you are. I'm not. At all. Do I make myself clear?"

"Where is your lover?"

"What difference does it make?" I offered, still bothered that I really didn't know that answer.

"All that I know, is if you were my woman, I would not disappear for weeks at a time and keep her in the dark. That is a surefire way to lose someone like you."

"You don't know me. Don't act like you do."

"I know enough."

"You don't know squat."

At that moment a laughing Gwen and Angelica barged in. Thank god!

"Hey, Luca? What are you doing here?" Gwen asked as she immeditaely sobered and her eyes narrowed into slits.

"He was just leaving."

"No, I wasn't. Juliet was merely yelling at me. She is most upset with me."

"Why? What's going on?"

"Juliet," Luca turned his full attention to me. "Things are in the works, things far beyond me and my family's power. Promise me you'll be careful while you're here."

My eyes narrowed. That was cryptic as hell. "Are you threatening me?"

"Far from it, streghetta mia. If your lover can be, you should ask him to come."

"Luca, you are really freaking me out. Can you just leave?"

"Be careful tomorrow." Luca grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it before I snatched it away. "Au revoir ," Luca purred as he left.

"Juliet, why were you alone with Luca?"

"He and Chiara just showed up out of the blue."

"Chiara? Where's she?"

"She had to go to some business meeting."

"How did they know you were here in the first place?"