Chapter 19

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long between work and a few health challenges that had me in and out of the hospital it took me a while. Next chapter should be up soon, enjoy!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 19

Xavier woke me as he was lifting me out of the car. "Sorry to wake you," he whispered as he kissed my forehead and cradled me against his chest.

"Are we home?"

"Yes, love. Go back to sleep. I've got you."

"Take me to your room."

"My room?"

"I want to stay by you. I don't want to be alone."

"You sure you don't want me to just stay with you in your room."

"No, I want to go to your room."

"Whatever you want, darling." Xavier carried me up to his room and laid me down on his bed. He offered me a pair of his boxers and a t-shirt of his to change into and he pulled on a pair of pajama pants. I cuddled up next to his warmth and he pulled me into the safety and security of his arms. "Juliet, tell me how you're doing."

I shrugged and pulled myself up on his chest so that I could look into his eyes and rest my head at the same time. "I don't know how I should be feeling."

"That's not what I asked."

"I don't know what to tell you."

"I'm worried. Tonight was the first time I've actually seen you smile since I got you back. It breaks my heart to see you hurting like you are. Can I do anything to help?"

"What you're doing now is helping."

"What's that?"

"Holding me. When I can feel you like this, it's like I know I'm safe. Almost like it was just a bad dream. That I'll wake up and none of it will have even happened."

Xavier's arms tightened around me. "I wish that were the case."

"Babe,"

"Yes?"

"I don't know if this is the world I should be a part of anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know exactly. I know I tried to run away from this all before and all that did was get me shot and Maverick almost hurt. That's not what I mean. I don't want to be part of the royal society, I guess. James will always be my Dad, Angie will always be my sister, but I don't want to play nice at parties. I don't want to be part of the social elite and worry if I'm using the right fork at dinner. I just, I just want to be me. I can't be who I am here."

Xavier gave me a sad smile and pulled me up to kiss him on the lips. "You're right. You can't be who you were here."

"The best thing that's happened to me here is you, and the fact that I have a family again now too."

"You're the best thing that's happened to my life too. Don't make any hasty decisions. You're still in shock from everything that's happened. We'll figure it out."

"Thanks babe," I snuggled closer to him and let sleep pull me under.

I woke up to Xavier running his fingers through my hair. "Good morning, darling." Xavier whispered.

"Hey babe." I stretched and gave him a kiss. "What time is it?"

"Almost eight. I have to get up. You get angry if I let you sleep and I get up."