Chapter 9

To all of my wonderful fans who have patiently waited for this, this is just a morsel.  I wanted to at least give you guys something, it's not where I originally wanted to end it, buuuut at least it's something.  Now ladies and gentlemen, please understand that I have been working 18 - 20 hour days.  This is not me complaining, I love what I do, however, This means writing is on a back burner.  I will update when I can.  Until then, enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 9

I walked down to the shore.  I definitely wanted to explore.  I looked around and realized I was alone.  I took off running down the beach.  I began exploring.  The island was beautiful.  I found a sturdy tree and started climbing.  From the top I could see the whole island.  I let the sun shine on my face and reveled in it.  It was so peaceful here.  It was wonderful.  But somehow . . . in my heart of hearts, I knew this wasn’t where I was meant to be.  It was nice to be in the sun for a change, but I really needed to go back to the dismal rains of England. 

I needed to go and see my Dad.

I needed to focus back on my music. 

I needed to focus on fixing me.

I decided I’d spent enough time away and nearly fell three times on my descent back down the tree.  I made my way back up to the house and everyone seemed to be relaxing.  I went to find someone.  I had a lot of repairing to do as it was. 

I found him on the back porch lounging with a book in his hands.

“Hi,” I piped up.  Set his book down and turned to face me.

“Feeling better?”

I nodded.  “I just needed some time to think.”

“And?”

“I’m an idiot.”

Xavier let out a throaty chuckle.  “Yes, I do think you’re feeling better.”

“Thanks,” I laughed.  “I love how you don’t even try to disagree with me either.”

“I know better than to argue with you,” Xavier offered with a warm smile.  “It never works in my favor.”

“Yeah, yeah,”

“Well, love, what have you figured out?”

“I have to go back.”

“Where?”

“To England.  I have to figure me out.”

Xavier snorted out a laugh.  “So, if I am following correctly, you’ve figured out that you need to figure yourself out?”

“Don’t say it like that,” I snipped.  “It sounds stupid when you put it like that.”

“You are something else,”

“I have to tell Farrah.”

“Yes, you do.”

“I don’t want her to think I’m leaving because of her.”

“She won’t.  So long as you explain to her what’s going on with you.  Tell her what’s really going on and she’ll understand.  She’s a very reasonable woman.”

I nodded.  Xavier held his arms open and I took the open invitation and sat in his lap. His arms enveloped me.  “I love you,”

“I love you too.”  It was nice to be back the way things usually were.  I loved being here in his arms.  He was so good to me.  I probably didn’t deserve him.  But I was glad he was mine.  We sat there for a long while, listening to the waves crash on the shore, and the steady rhythmic beating of his heart.  I gave Xavier a kiss on the cheek and sat up.  “I have to go find Farrah and tell her what’s up.”