When Rumours Abound... - Cross Edge

Title: When Rumours Abound...

Fandom: Cross Edge

Summary: A rumour around camp has everyone in an uproar. Someone saw Reicher near their basecamp, kissing someone with blond hair. Accusations run rampant, the girls denying everything. But what if the person Reicher was seen with wasn’t a girl?

Pairings: Reicher/Lyner

Disclaimer: I own nothing of this series and am making no profit.

Warnings: None.

AN: Why is this pairing so much fun to write? ._.

-

“It wasn’t me!”

“You have blond hair, don’t you?!”

“That means nothing!”

With a ‘family’ as diverse as this one was, it was of no surprise that there were conflicts on a daily bases. Having people meeting up from three different worlds, most of which had lost their memories, it was bound to happen. And being woken up by the sound of someone arguing was not uncommon at all.

So when Lyner was pulled from his sleep (slightly surprised by how late in the morning it was and that he was allowed to sleep in that long) by the sounds of women arguing he wasn’t all that concerned. There were often minor spats, nothing to worry about at all and, as in every other case, the fuss would be sorted quickly.

Stretching, Lyner set about rousing himself from his sleepiness. He should get up and maybe get something to eat. And hopefully avoid being pulled into an argument. Not something he wanted to do after just waking up.

Stepping out of the sleeping tent, Lyner was slightly surprised to realise that there were quite a few of his family members involved in this argument. Lily seemed to be in the thick of it, surrounded by Raze, Whim and Meu. And around them was just about everyone else. Some looked intrigued by the heated conversation; others seemed to be wishing they were elsewhere.

“I’m not the only one with blond hair!” Lily practically shrilled, her face a deep red from either frustration or embarrassment. Perhaps a bit of both. “Marie has blond hair, too!”

“Me?!” Marie squeaked, her voice sounding rather high pitched and mortified when all eyes suddenly turned on her.

What an unusual argument, Lyner thought to himself. There were accusations being thrown around. What these girls were being accused of, he didn’t know. Something about blond hair? What’s wrong with blond hair? He had blond hair as well.

It was making him curious.

“Are you sure it was blond?” Marie asked as her expression creased into a look of pure annoyance. “Maybe she had blue hair?”

“Are you suggesting that it was me?” Whim uncharacteristically bristled, she too looking appalled at being accused of something. “I would never do that to Mr Raze!”

Ok, so this argument had something to do with blond hair and Raze, the male in question standing by silently and subtly fuming. What an unusual combination.

Not knowing what this argument was actually about was making Lyner really curious. His curiosity, though, often got him into trouble. Still, it looked like this argument wasn’t going to be resolved anytime soon. So it would be best if he knew what had caused it and try his best not to get involved any further than being a simple bystander.

Ignoring the feeling of unease that was settling quietly in the pit of his stomach, Lyner approached the nearest person to him and the furthest from the epicentre; York, the twin gunman not looking all that interested.