Chapter 15: Perverse Instantiation 1

"The rover's almost charged

"The rover's almost charged. We need to pack up. We'll be home soon.", Bellamy said.

"Then what? Run away?", I asked annoyed.

"We're not running away, Aaliyah. We need to regroup with the others and find another way to defeat-", Bellamy started but I cut him off.

"There is no other way. We need to find a Nightblood.", I said. Clarke was so tired that she had fallen asleep in the rover. She had handed me the flame until she was awake. I felt kinda special. Now I was annoyed by everyone, though. We destroyed a safe place, they don't want me to live in peace, but they wanna go home to rethink our plan? The longer we wait, the harder it'll be. "We need to unlock the Flame. You heard Clarke, it's the only way to stop ALIE."

"What do you expect us to do, Aaliyah? Walk into random villages asking for their Nightbloods?", Jasper asked me.

"If that's what it takes.", I stated.

"You sound like Clarke.", Jasper mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"No, Aaliyah. If ALIE can find us on Luna's rig, then she can find us anywhere.", Octavia said. "We can't destroy another grounder village."

"I know, okay? But if we don't find a Nightblood, there won't be any grounder villages.", I looked at Bellamy. "Or a home for us to go back to."

"That's all the more reason we go there and make sure our friends are okay.", Bellamy told me.

I looked at everyone else, even Lucas, they thought Bellamy was right. I nodded. "Try and deal with Clarke about that."

With that I angrily walked away. Into the woods.

They all probably thought I wasn't right because I'm just a kid. Well, we'll see in the end who was right. But then we probably already live in the city of light.

I took the flame out of my jacket and looked at it. How can this hold spirits? There are actual people in there?

I heard someone grunt and looked behind me. A man with a gun fell down to the ground. There was an arrow in his back. Someone ran over to me.

"Roan?", I asked. Oh, no. What's he doing here?

"Looks like I'm not the only one who's been following your tracks.", He said.

He grabbed the flame out of my hands. I tried to grab it but it was no use.

"Give that back.", I said.

"Goodbye, little kid.", He annoyed me.

He turned around but I aimed the gun I had sneaked with me at him. "Wait."

He simply grabbed it out of my hands. "You have a real gratitude problem, you know that?" He then threw the gun behind him.

He started walking away and I followed. "Would you just hear me out? We are trying to find a Nightblood to put that in."