Chapter 7: Terms And Conditions

Lucas and I were sitting outside, observing Pike

Lucas and I were sitting outside, observing Pike. He, Hannah and Bellamy went over to the gate along with a bunch of other people. When the gate opened I saw two Grounders on horses. Me and Lucas walked over there.

"Talk.", Bellamy said harshly to the Grounders.

"We seek the one you call Pike.", One of them said.

"Why?", Bellamy asked.

"An army has fallen. Blood soaking the earth where he took their lives one by one.", The Grounder spoke again.

"Welcome to the war against Skaikru.", Bellamy replied. I looked at Lucas and rolled my eyes at Bellamy's comment. I think I currently prefered the Bellamy of the dropship who's motto was 'whatever the hell we want' than to this one.

"Life was taken. We demand life in return.", The other Grounder spoke. Jesus, just give yourself up, Pike.

"My life?", Pike asked walking forward. Come on, just turn yourself in. "What are your terms?"

"Come with us. And we walk away.", The Grounder said.

"Walk away from what?", Pike asked.

"Pike is never gonna turn himself in. I'm gonna talk to Kane. You stay here just in case there's a plot twist, or something.", I told Lucas. He nodded and I ran inside looking for Kane.

-

I had explained everything to Kane. Lucas had already gotten back as we all started listening to the speaker we placed, once again.

"Our lookouts confirm another three encampments just over that ridge.", Bellamy spoke up.

"Well, they're not hiding from us, that's for sure.", Pike replied.

"No shit.", I said making my brother chuckle.

"How many days can we keep our population fed without being able to send out hunting parties?", Pike asked.

"Food and water stores were already at less than 60%. Now, maybe a week before we go critical?", Hannah said. "Two if we start rationing immediately."

"Immediately it is.", Pike said.

"What about breaking the blockade?", Hannah suggested.

"After Bellamy's theatrics this morning, they'll expect that.", Pike said, blaming Bellamy a bit. "Regardless, we can't engage the Grounders until we've got our own people under control, and that starts with Kane."

I instantly looked up at Kane who signed that I didn't have to worry about that right now.

"I need you to suspend access to the prisoners.", Pike said. Dang. "No contact with anyone in camp. For all we know, they've been providing intel on Grounder villages to Kane. And I want you to take over coordination of camp surveillance. We'll need new security protocols at all camp entrances."