Chapter 6: Bitter Harvest

Lucas had told me Kane wanted to talk to me

Lucas had told me Kane wanted to talk to me. I didn't wanna go but Lucas said he'd come with me and I agreed. Apparently, it was because Octavia was following Pike etc. We were in contact with Octavia and listening to what they were doing. Lucas stood next to me.

"Pike's detail is still at it.", Octavia said. "Soil and water samples."

"Any idea what they're up to?", Kane asked through the walkie.

"No, but considering how heavily they're armed, I don't think they want anyone to find out.", Octavia said.

"But we will.", I said looking at Kane who nodded in agreement.

"Crap.", I heard Octavia say.

Lucas grabbed the walkie. "What is it?"

"There's a grounder kid. Hang on.", She replied.

Kane grabbed the walkie from Lucas after 5 minutes. "Octavia, are you there?"

"They're going after the kid. I'm trying to cut them off.", She replied.

"Kane.", She said after a while.

"I'm here.", He replied. "You okay?"

"We need to find out what Pike's up to.", Octavia stated. "Right now, whatever it is, they were willing to kill a kid to keep it quiet."

"We're on it, you stay safe.", Kane replied.

-

Lucas, Miller and Kane were going to go to Pike's office to place a speaker so we could hear everything they were saying. I was on the lookout.

"Chancellor Pike, good to see you.", I heard a man say. This was my cue.

I started walking so it'd look like I was looking for him.

"There you are.", I said when I saw Pike. And Bellamy, ugh.

"What can I do for you?", Pike asked me. Shit, that's when I realised I didn't think of that.

"Uh.. I wanted to say that... What are you gonna do with the imprisoned Grounders?", I decided to ask.

"Interned.", Pike corrected me, "For their safety as well as ours."

He wanted to walk away but I stopped him. "They came here for our help."

I saw Bellamy already sending me a glare meaning 'stop talking before you get in trouble'.

I didn't stop, though. "If you're not going to give it to them, you could at least send them home."

"They're a liability. Let them go, they'll tell their people what they know about us. Our defences and capabilities.", Bellamy argued. Oh my god, he was so annoying right now.