The Way You Look Tonight

October 1996

"Ten more minutes." Brian said, looking over at the fidgeting blond.

"Yeah, I got that." He sighed. "I can't believe she's really getting married! I mean, they've been together forever, but still!"

"It'll be fine." Brian smiled, walking over to him and taking his hands. "You look wonderful."

"And you look sexy." Roger smirked, leaning up to capture his lips.

"Ewww, PDA! PDA!" Freddie shouted as he barged into the room.

"It was private until your nosy ass popped in." Roger grumbled.

"Darlings, no time for a shag. Clare is requesting you. And Brian needs to get his seat." Freddie grinned widely.

"Shouldn't you be getting a seat too?" Brian asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Who do you think is playing the piano?" He smirked.

"Freddie, I know you're excited, but please, please don't do your crowd call." Roger pleaded.

"Oh, darling, I would never!" Freddie flashed him a smile. "Now hurry, hurry! You look gorgeous. By god, you should see John." He put a hand to his chest and swooned. "He has my heart, soul, and ass."

"Gross." Roger snorted.

"Hurry!" Freddie said, running out the door. Roger rolled his eyes as he heard faint "ay-oh's" echoing down the corridor.

"Ready, love?" Roger turned around to see Brian gazing down at him lovingly.

For a moment, Roger let himself pretend it was them walking down the isle that day as he looked at him in his suit. He put a hand on Brian's chest and smiled up at him.

"I'm ready."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Linking their arms together, Clare and Roger smiled at each other as they waited for their cue to go.

"You're going to walk me down the isle too, right?" Roger asked jokingly, a soft smile on his face.

"I'd be angry if I wasn't the one to do it." She grinned back.

After a few more moments, they heard Freddie begin to play the piano. A soft and sweet melody filling their ears.

"It's time to go, Clare-Bear." Roger smiled softly down at her, tightening his hold on her.

"I'm ready to go." She smiled up at him, dropping the veil in front of her face.

They both shared a tearful smile before pushing through the doors and out in front of all the guests. With slow and calculated steps, they walked down the isle to where Matt was standing.

Roger caught Brian's eye and gave him a sweet smile as he passed by.

They stopped at the reached the alter, Roger leaning down to kiss her cheek before moving to go to his spot.

Clare quickly caught his wrist and pulled him into a tight hug.

"You're next, Roggie. You and Brian are going to have this one day. Fuck the laws." She whispered before leaning up to kiss his cheek.

Roger gave her a small nod and smiled as he watched her go to her fiancé and take his hands in hers.

He quickly made his way to sit next to Brian, reaching to his lap and resting a hand on his.

The ceremony was beautiful. The vows (Freddie helped them both write them) were sincere and romantic and everyone raved as the couple walked back down the isle as newlyweds.