Happy At Home

Tiptoeing. That's what they've been doing all night after dinner and it was driving Roger crazy.

He pulled Brian aside, taking a deep breath. "We should... we should talk about your... you know."

Brian sighed, rubbing a hand over his face. He figured it'd come up.

"I'm not going to try again, if that's what you're asking." He said, looking in his eyes.

He wasn't lying. It was a low point in his life. His depression was in full swing, his father died, and he just broke up with Roger. He missed his fathers funeral because he was in the hospital. He spent one month in a coma and three months in a psych ward being tested and talking to therapists. Then spent two months at home, staring at letters sent by the one he loved. Debating on writing back. Debating whether or not to call.

Roger looked at him with sad eyes. Brian hated seeing him this way.

"I just want you to be okay." Roger sighed, leaving against the wall. "Just... don't be afraid to tell me if you feel that way again. Don't push me away again." His blue eyes stared through the older mans, making him shift uncomfortably.

"I won't." Brian said quietly, staring down at his shaking hands.

Roger gently took his hands, bringing them to his lips and giving them a soft kiss. "I never want you to feel alone again." He said softly, his blue eyes were illuminated in the dim hall lights. Brian nearly forgot how much he loved his eyes.

Brian gave him a shaky smile, squeezing his hand in return. "I never want to feel that way again." He said, staring into his eyes.

Roger returned the small smile before pushing himself off the wall. "I think I'm going to head to bed. It's late."

"Right. I'll, uh, take the couch." Brian rubbed the back of his neck, turning on his heel before feeling a hand wrap around his wrist.

"We can share a bed without jumping each other." Roger said jokingly, a soft smile on his lips. "I wouldn't mind some company for once."

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable." Brian said, staring down at his hands.

"I wouldn't be, but if you are, you can sleep on the couch." Rogers eyes stared at him curiously.

"Um, okay. I'll uh... I'm gonna take the couch." Roger was just being nice. He just felt pity for him, he didn't actually want him.

"Oh. Okay. I'll get you some blankets and a pillow then." He said, biting his lip a bit before disappearing into his bedroom to grab a pillow and blanket for the tall man.

Brian sighed, walking over to stand by the couch to find John standing in the doorway of the kitchen, mug in hand.

"He really loves you, you know." He said quietly, walking over to him.

Brian's gaze dropped to the floor. "He deserves better."

"Maybe." John sighed, handing the mug to Brian and putting a gentle hand on his shoulder. "But he loves you."

Brian lifted his gaze to meet John's, his shoulders relaxing when he saw his kind eyes.

"Don't doubt it. Even though you hurt him, he forgave you. Every time." John shook his head. "It's not pity. I know that's what you're thinking."

"How'd you know?" Brian asked quietly, a soft frown on his face.

"Because you always get trapped in your mind. You'll give all your love away, but never believe when anyone loves you back." He explained, giving him a sad smile. "We all love you, Bri. That's why it hurt so bad when you left."