Chapter 13. Lies and Heartbreaks.

Chapter 13.

"So, tonight let's get some, and live while we're young!" Niall finished showing me the song he had written and revised for some time. 

"Niall, that's.. That's amazing! How do you do it.."

He just smiled really wide. I, myself, have written some songs also, but none as good as that. 

"I couldn't have done it without you." He smiled again.  

"Yes you could've, you're Niall Horan."

"No I'm- yes, I am. But that means nothing without you." 

I had to go to the store, so I left a note for Niall to see if he woke up soon. I got to my car and turned the engine, making the radio come on. A familliar tune played and I sang along to Want U Back by Cher Lloyd. Turning into the lot, I shut the car off and walked into the store, and immediately turning to the medical section. Grabbing some tampons, pads, and Midol, I set off to the food section to unstock the isles. 

After grabbing the whole meat department, I picked up some Nutella for myself. I love this shit. It's so addicting.

Taking my cart-full of food and women-needs up to the front of the store, something caught my eye. picked up a magazine with a pretty... Interesting cover.

Niall Horan cheats on girlfriend Brooklyn Adams with mystery girl? See page 28 for more details!

I refused to believe it, not until he said it's true, not until- I saw the cover photo.

It was him kissing another girl with blonde hair. They could've taken this before we started dating..

He looked the same- Blonde hair, chiseled features.. Wearing the shirt I bought him two days ago?!

One tear slid down my cheek as I pushed the cart up, putting the items on the counter for the grocer to ring up. Including the magazine.

I walked in the temporary flat, not ready to do the thing I've been dreading to for the past ten minutes. 

"Hey Broo- woah that is a lot of food.." 

I sighed. "Save it Niall."

"What?" he asked, clearly confused.

"You're making this so hard, Niall. I said save it. I don't want you to say a single word. I want an explanation."

"What are you talking about?"

"You lied to me. Every word you said, it was all a lie. I knew this was going too fast. I knew it! Explain to me, what the hell is wrong with you? What happened to the old you? And how could you possibly do this?" I questioned, staying as calm as I could.

"Brooke, I really don't know what you're-"

"I picked this up at the supermarket. You should read it, it's very entertaining." I said, the tears starting to pour when I threw the magazine on the table and walked upstairs, ignoring him calling after me.

I went to the extra room, locking the door and laying down on the bed, muffling my screams with a pillow.

"Brooke.. Brooke! You said explain, so let me explain.." He yelled through the door.

"Explain from there, cause I really won't stand to look at you right now."

"She came onto me!"

"So you kissed her?!"

"SHE kissed ME! It was an honest mistake, I should have said something sooner!"

"Is that the mistake, or am I?" I croaked out,waiting for the answer.

"Brooke! You could never be a mistake to me!"

I got up and unlocked the door, opening it to find him crying, also. 

"I- I think we need a break.."

This made him cry harder, which tore a hole in my heart. 

"I loved you, but you couldn't say the same.. I promised forever but you broke it. I'm sorry.." I whispered, before running down the stairs, getting in my car, and leaving. For good.

I had nowhere to go. Alexis was back in London, so was dad, and anyone I could ever know. I turned into a nice-looking hotel parking lot, and walking in.

"I need one room. Can I go night-by-night also? I don't know how long I'll be staying.."

"Sure thing! That's $50 for tonight. Thank you!" The woman called after handing me the hotel room card. 4th floor, number 6. I reached the door, swiping the card and opening it to find a nice room with one bed, a huge tv, and a small chandelier. I loved it.

I needed sleep. A long, long sleep, that I'll hopefully never wake up from.

*Niall's POV* 

I lied. 

I'm horrible. 

I really did love her, I loved her so much. She was right to leave. I would have if I were her, too. 

Because I kissed her. I kissed Natalie, my old childhood friend who I happened to run into. 

It's true that she came onto me. She did. I remember her words clear as day..

"You know, I don't think we ended under good circumstances.. You left too soon. Nothing could have happened. But I say we change that now, Horan..Take us to the next step." She whispered in my ear. 

"I have Brooklyn, and that's all I'll ever need."

"But, you don't get to shag her.. Every.. Night.. Do you? Because last I heard, she's really religious.. No sex before marriage, am I right? And last time I remember seeing you, you really just wanted a fuck buddy. With me, you could have that, and she doesn't have to know.." She slowly whispered, fumbling with my pants button. 

And that's when it happened. I kissed her. I was so ashamed of it. I don't know why I did it, I really don't. And I just fucked it up more when I lied to her. I had only known her a week in Ireland, only talked to her a few times. I never wanted a 'fuck buddy'. I'm not easy, and I'm just like Brooklyn. 

I'm such a dick!

"You've gotta give her time." 

I invited Liam over and told him everything.

"Give her time? I love her, and she doesn't believe me! I'm just supposed to let it go? I have to-"

"Fight for her. I know. So do it."

He stole the words right out of my mouth.

"Anyway, me and the boys are going to get something to eat, care to join?" He asked.

"I'm not that hungry.."

He gasped, and his eyes widened.

I won't be able to do much of anything until I get my girl back.

(A/N: If you're crying like I'm about to right now, good. I'm not gonna apologize though. My story isn't a fairytale, it doesn't always have happy endings. This isn't the end but you know what I mean. This is actually based on a real relationship. Every relationship has it's ups and downs, it's never perfect. I want to show you guys that. Don't hate me for this. If you do, stop reading. Because the sad part isn't even near over. I love you guys though. Thank you. <3)