Chapter 10. Miss Me?

Chapter 10.

Brooklyn's POV.

I fell trying to walk up the stairs. Yes, being the klutz I am, I walked up 5 steps just to fall back down, landing on my ankle and spraining it. But I still insist on dancing.

"Brooklyn, you can't dance for any show this week.. I'm sorry.. But you need to let it heal." Niall soothed, kissing my cheek. He has been here for me the entire time, waiting on me hand and foot, much to my dismay.

"Niall, really, I can handle myself.." I protest.

"No. I'm not going to let you walk around on a sprained ankle!"

I get up, and see the worry flash in his eyes.

"It won't get better if I just sit there like a potato. I have to move around. Remember, I am the 'athlete' here. I've been through this before.." I quoted.

"I know Brooke, I'm just worried. I hate to see you hurt.. And I don't want you to get hurt even more."

I walked over and hugged him. I hugged him so tight, he may have suffocated if I didn't let go. "It'll be alright. I promise."

He nodded, but it was obvious he didn't understand. He looked hurt, worried, and upset.

"Nandos?"

It's funny how one word can make his head shoot in your direction and eyes light up.

He nodded vigorously and ran to the car. I got in the drivers side and pulled out of the lot.

"I love you so much, Brooke." He said, holding and caressing my hand.

"I love you more, Niall."

When we walked into Nandos, there was nobody there except this person, with a hood up and dark shades on. It looked like a girl from the distance, but I'm not so sure.

We ordered our food and sat down. The person shifted in their seat a couple of times, but their head was buried in a newspaper most of the time. 

"What's wrong, babe?" Niall asked, observing the fright on my face. 

He followed my gaze to the person, fright flashing his eyes also.

"Do you think..?" 

"Don't worry." He said cooly, knowing what I'm talking about.

 I got up to go to the bathroom, walking right past the person. I was shaking like a leaf. 

They smelled of mint and vanilla. 

Mint and vanilla.

Vanilla and mint.

I ran into his arms, he had just gotten home from his eight month movie production. He hugged  me so tight the mint and vanilla scent could have choked me. "I missed you, Dad."

I spun around rather quickly, and stumbled back a bit. I was facing the person.

"Brooklyn." the famillar voice said. He pulled his hood down, revealing the face I thought I would never see again.

"Dad?" I stumbled again. 

"Yes, Brooke."

I ran into his arms, so tightly hugging him. I started crying.

"I missed you.."

"I missed you too, baby. WhenI found out what happened, I called off the movie and came straight back. I've kind of been following you since.. But only to make sure your mom doesn't try anything. I'm like your personal Superman. At your service." He put his hands on his hips proudly. I've missed his sense of humor.

"So, introduce me to this boy, then."

We walked over to the table where Niall was sitting, looking scared.

"Niall, this is my dad. Dad, this is Niall. My-"

"Boyfriend. Nice to meet you, sir." Niall interrupted me, smiling, obviously regaining confidence now that he knows it was only my dad.

"Nice to meet you too! Thank you so much for taking care of my daughter."

"It was no problem. She's really nice to have around."

"That's good. Well, I better get going. It was nice seeing you both." Dad turned and left, waving at me in the process.

Then I got a text.

From: Mother.

What a nice family reunion. How come I wasn't included? I love you, Brooke.

I felt a warm tear slide down my cheek, then another, and another.

"Shut the door, turn the light off.." The radio in the restaraunt played.

"UGH SHIT." I yelled out.

That's the last word I said for twenty minutes. I was sitting in the corner of the restaraunt, bawling, rocking back and forth. Niall was at my side the entire time, trying to sooth me.

"Aw, what's wrong, Brooke? Miss me?" a voice that was definitely not Niall's asked, sounding only about 6 feet away. Niall stopped playing with my hair, he stopped singing, stopped rubbing my hand. His eyes grew wide. 

"Go away."

(A/N: CLIFFHANGERRR AHH. Sorry that it was just a filler, but I've been sick all day and not in the mood to write. I also don't know where to go with this so. Yeah. 

On a better note, I MADE A FORMSPRING. 

If you ask me questions on there, I will answer them on there and on here. 

Formspring: NFNWattpad

Ask me questions. 

And when you do leave your Wattpad username and I'll like dedicate a chapter to you or something. Alright? Alright. :D

Baii! )