Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Twenty-four

Twenty-Four

Standing in front of my mirror, I tilted my head to the side slightly looking at my whole outfit. I was wearing one of my dark washed bootcut cotton jeans that had a delicate vine design down the side of my legs to just below my knees. The top was a soft lavender tank top with a beaded "v" white lace insert that showed from under the creamy ecru cap sleeved jacket that flared out from the seam around my waist. A sparse beaded design glittered on the back of the jacket.

"If you ask me, he's going to faint when he gets one look at you." I looked in my mirror and saw Zander leaning against the frame of my door. He was smiling with his arms crossed and one ankle over the other. "Not that I would blame him one bit with you looking like a goddess."

"I don't look like a goddess. Just a girl about to go on a date and feeling very nervous." I tugged at the ribbon to the beaded cotton cuff that I had put on my left wrist. The cuff was the same colors as I was wearing. Lavender and cream with hints of a midnight blue making a swirl design that was on the cotton fabric of the cuff.

Zander pushed off the doorframe and walked over to my standing jewelry armoire. He opened it and pulled out a necklace. "There is nothing to be nervous about." He came up behind me and placed the long chained necklace around my neck and fastened it. "Just relax and have fun."

"I know I should relax, but I have butterflies in my stomach." I turned around to see Zander looking through my jewelry for something.

He picked up a set of earrings and came back over to me. "That just means that he might just be the right guy for you. Now for the finishing touches." He held out the single pearl dangle earrings for me to put on. Which I did with him helping by moving my curls away from each of my ears.

The door bell rang and I looked around quickly for my purse. Zander chuckled as he took my shoulder. "Just breathe Hope. He is most likely just as nervous as you are." He leaned over and came back holding up my purse. "And I'll be right here waiting for you when you get back."

"Thank you Zander. You are an amazing friend."

He smiled at me and leaned down kissing my cheek. "And I will always be there when you need me." He turned away and pushed me to the door. "Now go make your grand entrance and make that guy faint." I giggled smiling because he knew just what to do to help me relax.

Pausing at my door, I looked back at Zander. "Whoever becomes your girl will be beyond happy to have you. You're a great guy. Sorry we didn't work out."

He smiled and shooed me away. "Go and enjoy tonight." I blew him a kiss and left my room going to the stairs.

I took a deep breathe at the top of the stairs before I started my way down. My brother's voice floated up telling me he was grilling Ian on what he wasn't to do on our date. My brother hadn't been too happy when I told him that we were going on a date. I had told him when he got home from his class the day I told Ian yes. It took Zander telling him to let us that Rod conceded to allow me to go. Talk about lighting up on the whole big brother thing, huh? Guess he just can't help himself.

Rounding the landing, I got to see Ian standing just inside the front door. His eyes left my brother's face and came up to me. His breathe stealing from him as he stopped breathing at the sight of me. His eyes starting at my patine leather dark copper boots and worked his way up. Seeing the design almost in detail taking it all in.

"Wow, Hope. You look..." He looked me up and down again. "Indescribable."

I blushed biting my lip and stopping halfway down the stairs. "Should I go change?" I toyed with the hem of my jacket near the buttoned down center front.