Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Five

Five

I smiled as I blushed scarlet. Something I have been doing way too much lately. I just can't help it with how EVERY guy turns to me and then starts to hit on me. Some even had their girlfriends right next to them. I pushed them away and told them they should pay attention to their girlfriends and not me. Thankfully the girlfriends glared at the guys that were their boyfriends.

But the reason for my reddened cheeks this time was because of Zander who thought it was fun to start singing...to me as I sat at the bar in our basement. With all his friends and classmates all round. Most joining in on the melody turning it into an very amusing yet embarrassing piece knowing I was the center of it.

His hands rested on the bar top on either side of me. His hips touching the insides of my knees where my legs were bent with my feet hanging from the wooden bar of my stool. His voice grazing over my face as he sang the soft part of the song.

The guys had decided we needed to throw a party before the start of the new year instead of after the first week. It was Friday and the whole house was filled with cheerful and delighted young adults who were enjoying catching up with people from the summer. Nageria was even getting a warm reception from many who could see her. They were in the back with her under the willow tree.

I had sent my old mentor an invitation to join once the guys had started planning and sending out their own invites. I've yet seen him again after that one moment at the youth bar and I didn't know if he'd show up, but I had a little hope that he might. To socialize with him outside of my old school would be a nice change of pace.

The song ended and Zander lifted one of my hands placing a gentle kiss on my knuckles. Then there were people chanting. Everyone around us wanted Zander to kiss me. A real kiss with his lips to mine. I think they saw how much Zander really liked me and wanted me as his girl.

He leaned forward and for a split second I thought he was actually going to kiss me. My heart started to race. My palms became sweaty and become slick. My stomach twisting in a knot so tight, I thought I might faint because of it.

At the last moment, he shifted to the side and his lips kissed my cheek. The crowd groaning in disbelief and disappointment. His lips turning up against my cheek at the sound. That was what he wanted.

Pulling back, Zander looked into my eyes. "I'll only kiss your luscious lips when you are ready. Never on the whim of others."

I gave him a shy smile. "Thank you." Looking down at his hand, I gave it a small squeeze. "You don't know how much I appreciate your restraint."

He smiled. "I've learned from the mistakes others have done. You need time and I can be patient for you." He smirked resting his forehead on mine. "And I can be very patient." I yelped and laughed when he pulled me more to him so I was pressed completely against him.

I threw back my head and continued to laugh. "Down boy. Don't make me get my brother to hose you down." Zander laughed too as other joined it.

"I could always do it."

I turned to see Gilliett and I smiled more. I felt more than saw Zander's pout as he moved away. He didn't want to give me up just yet, but with my old mentor here, he had to let me greet him.

Rising, I hugged Gilliett. "I'm so glad you came."

Gilliett smiled as he released me. "I was more than happy to come and wanted to thank you for the invite. Sorry it took me so long to show up. There was a problem I had to take care of back at Starr."

I frowned with a bit of worry. "Is everything alright?"

He chuckled and cupped my cheek. His hand feeling very warm against my skin. "Nothing at all to worry about. I just needed to adjust a few things with Alexi about this upcoming year."