Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Nineteen

Nineteen

~~Hope's Point Of View~~

Taping my hand on my desk, I just stared blankly at the worksheet in front of me. My heart and mind were conflicting at the moment. I just couldn't concentrating on anything. Not after the dream I had last night.

It had been a week and a half since Halloween. I still didn't know who I had slept with. But if my dream was right, I was willing. Very willing and loved the feeling of kissing him. The sensations made me shiver every time I thought of them.

My door opened and I placed my head in my hand. The slight dizziness coming back to me that I had hoped would have passed over the night. I was getting sick again. First time in four years have I felt it again. I hated that because of the neglect of my mother, I had gotten sick way too often. I had hope that Starr Academy had rid me of this, but here I was, getting sick again.

I opened my eyes to see a small bouquet being placed on my desk. A bouquet of blue wild flowers and soft african daisies. The pairing lifting the corners of my lips at the beauty of them together.

"You looked like you needed something to brighten your mood." Looking up, Ian had a gentle smile though his eyes held worry.

Placing a hand on the bouquet, I sighed. "That was a very thoughtful and I love them." I swallowed the cough that threatened to escape. Talking tends to have that affect on me. One reason why I stop speaking so much or at all when I am sick.

Ian cupped my cheek and turned my face back up to him. His brows knitted together as he moved his hand from my cheek and to my forehead. "Oh Hope. How long have you been sick?"

Shaking my head I turned back to my desk and lifted up the flowers. "I'll be fine." Taking the deep breathe of the flowers had been a mistake. The moment I had, the coughing began to take hold and was refusing to stop till it was done.

After a moment, the coughing slowed but I was wheezing with a heavy chest. Ian knelt next to me and lightly tapped my back. He was more concerned now than ever. "Do you need anything?"

Again I was shaking my head to him. "There's nothing to fret about."

"But your sick and from the sounds of it, you have fluid in your lungs."

Rising from my seat, I took a step away. The dreadful feeling of dizziness hit me though not full force. "Like I said, I will be fine." Maybe fine wasn't the right word as I swayed for a brief moment.

Ian caught me. Wrapping me protectively in his arms as I sagged slightly against him. Heat rushing through my body from the pneumonia. My legs felt if they were shaking from weakness. It was really hitting me hard now and I doubt anything could stop it.

He bent a little and slipping his arm under my legs. Delicately he stood up with me in his arms. I covered my mouth as I coughed again. "I refuse to stand by while you are sick. Just look at you. You can barely breathe properly. Your face is red with fever yet your hands are icy."

My eyes started to droop. "I'll...I'll..." Another coughing fit. They were coming quickly now that I wasn't holding them back. Every single cough had grown to a painful level.

"How long have you been sick and hiding it?"

I sighed giving up any pretense. "Three days."

"Hope!" He huffed a little as he continued down the stairs. "You should have told someone. If you're sick, you need rest and time to get better. But you haven't been resting. You've been studying and stressing out making yourself worse."

Walking into the living room, Ian set me down on the long couch pulling the blanket that draped the back over me and tucking in the sides of the blanket around me. "Now stay put and relax. I'm going to fetch you something and make a call."