Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Thirteen

Thirteen

~~Zander's Point Of View~~

I stood in shock for two seconds after Hope stormed into the house. She had just yelled at her brother. Really yelled at him. Something I never had seen before. The only person I knew she ever got angry at was Marek and for a very good reason. But this was different.

The moment the door closed, I rushed after her. Passing right between Rod and Gilliett, not giving even a side glance at them. Hope was too upset and I knew she needed someone.

Inside the house, I saw her bag on the floor. Dropped carelessly on the middle of the floor next to the stairs. That told me she was going up to her room. I just hoped she wasn't going to her secret study.

Picking up the bag quickly, I rushed up the stairs and stopped in front of her door. Trying to the knob, I cursed internally. She had locked her door which could mean she wasn't going to her study, but it could also mean that she didn't want to be disturbed.

Softly I knocked. "Hope?"

"Please just leave me alone." I closed my eyes hearing the hurt in her voice. The sob that followed twisted my insides.

I couldn't leave her alone. Not like this. But she wasn't going to unlock the door. She wasn't going to let anyone in any time soon.

There was only on option. I turned away from her door and went up to the third floor. Opening my room door, I went over to my window and threw the roped ladder down to her window. Her brother hated that I attached it to my railing, but right now, that was a blessing.

Taking a deep breathe, I swung my legs over the side and made my way down to her window. Her bag swinging slightly from my shoulder. The strap laying across my chest so it didn't slip and fall all the way down to the ground. That wouldn't have been good if I trashed her bag while I was getting to her room.

Outside her window, I could see her on her bed. Her shoulders shaking as she cried into her pillow. My heart tugging at seeing her like this. Rod just had to go stirring her emotions like that and rip open a very painful wound for her.

Opening her bedroom windows, the sound of her crying hit me hard. It was as if her sadness flowed through her entire room and into me. It made my whole body weak and unsteady. Even while I took her bag off my chest and laid it on the floor next to the window. The bag shaking until it was fully on the ground and out of my hand.

Making my way over to her bed, I blew a breathe toward the incense that rested in the holder already to be used. The coloring told me with was her favorite combination, sage and lavender. She would need the comforting scent of the lavender to calm down some.

Carefully I slipped onto her bed and pulled her over to me. Instantly she clung on knowing it was me. I closed my eyes and just held her tight. Her tears soaking into my shirt, but I didn't care. Let her rip it to shreds if it help her.

We stayed on her bed for some time before she managed to stop crying. Neither of us saying anything as she stayed against my chest. Her cheek pressed against to upper part of my peck. Her hand resting on my abs near my belly button.

I looked down at her and stroked her hair with the lightest of touches. Her breathing still was haggard and rough from her crying. At least now the tears had stopped. I think it was me holding her that helped and the incense that still drifted throughout the air. It's light smoke dancing up from the fading wooden stick.

After she sniffled a few times, I caressed her temple. "You okay now baby?"

Her shoulder that wasn't under her lifted and fell in a weak shrug. Still, she didn't say anything. I doubt she had the strength to speak after crying so much. My shirt was completely wet and I didn't care one ounce. She's the one thing I care about.