Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Fourteen

Fourteen

My hand waved as more people greeted us. Gilliett shouting back over the sounds of the pounding bass to the heartbeat of the music screaming out from the speakers. Gilliett's hand in my own as he guided me through the unknown fraternity house. Guys high-fiving him while winking at me just before they looked me up and down.

Rod hadn't been too happy when I told him I was off to a party. Zander even more so. Both nearly demanding that they were going too. They didn't want me going by myself or even with just Gilliett. But I had told them both to let me explore and experience something else on my own. Gilliett promising that he'd make sure I was safe the whole time and he'd barely leave my side.

Someone tossed a beer can toward us, and Gilliett smiled snatching it from the air. He was quick to pinch the metal ring on the top and popped it open. He handed it to me just as another was tossed toward us.

I looked down at it and back up with a puzzled look. Gilliett smiled as he opened the one in his hand. "Just try it. Sip at it or else someone will snatch up that one and replace it with something in a red cup. And those drinks I can't vouch for."

Taking a tentative sip, I pulled a disgusted face. Gilliett chuckling as he took a deep gulp of his. "Don't worry, the taste will become more palatable later after you sip on it for a while."

"Are you trying to corrupt me?"

He laughed as he moved his hand from mine, and snaked it around to the small of my back. Pulling me more to him, he smiled with his eyes twinkling. "Only slightly. I just want to show you how to live just a little."

My breathe caught as he skillfully twisted me so my front was to his front. Our hips were the only parts of our bodies fully touching the other. My cheeks blushing a bit at this position.

"Don't worry sweet Hope. I promised to keep you safe and not try anything on you." His leg slid between mine as he started to sway his hips to the beat of the new song that filled the air. "Just relax and let yourself to just be here having fun."

I placed my free hand on his shoulder and the wrist of my other arm on his other shoulder. My cheeks flaming red as I glanced from side to side. Guys smirked as they lifted a beer can toward me when they noticed I was looking.

"They can't help themselves." I looked up at Gilliett. His eyes still looking just over my shoulder and twisted us a bit in a circle. Then he looked down at me. "No boy or man can resist your sweet allure."

"But you resist." I hoped he wasn't talking about himself.

His shoulders lifted and fell fluidly. "I see the beauty and wonder that is you. Like I said another time, I can't help wanting to help you. That's how I can't resist you." His free hand cupped my cheek. "Your innocence is divine and almost ethereal."

A gasp as the beer can slipped from my hand. A body behind me pushing me fully into Gilliett. Gilliett's hand lifting higher on my back and pulled me more to him too. The feeling of something wet seeping into my shirt along my spine.

The body pulled away from me and a soft curse was slurred from his lips. "Awe man! I'm so sorry sweetheart." His southern drawl falling thickly from his throat. His hands starting to brush the wetness off me as if it were dust. My face going beet red as he just brush my rear off and not the main spot on my back.

Gilliett scowled as he pushed the guy away. "That's not where you spilled your beer on her." He turned back to me. "Come on, I'll fix it up for you." He sent a glare at the guy who was smirking drunkenly at me.

He pulled me up the stairs and into a bedroom with a large bed. Thankfully he wasn't stopping in here as he walked right through the room and into an ensuite bathroom. He sat on the edge of the bathtub and turned me to face away from him. There was even sighed heavily before he started to remove the beer from my top.