Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Three

Three

"Oh Hope-e." I groaned turning onto my back. The bed moving lightly as I felt someone crawling onto the bed. Their legs straddling my waist when they stopped. "Time to wake up and smell the delicious day!"

I peeked open one eye open. Zander was smirking like a little kid that he acts like a lot of the time. Groaning, I pulled my pillow over my head to block out the shiny light and Zander who was too perky this morning.

He laughed softly as he tugged on the pillow. "Come on gorgeous. Your brother is down stairs making breakfast and I don't want to leave him long or he'll start eating it all by himself!"

As I giggled, Zander took the opportunity to move the pillow away. "And don't worry about today. We're not going to wear you out by taking you everywhere we so want to take you. This place is awesome!"

Tapping his shoulder, he sat up. "Fine, you get your way. Let me have a little time and I'll be down in a minute."

"Need any help?"

Smacking his shoulder, he pouted. "No, now get so I can have some time to myself before I go down for breakfast."

He leaned over and kissed my cheek. "If you need me, just shout." Bounding off my bed and giving one last wink, he was skipping down the stairs.

I bet my brother got him to wake me just to see how my feelings were toward Zander. Rod may have hoped it would nudge me away from Zander. I just don't know yet. I just woke up for heaven sakes. Even Nageria was yawning as she stood up in her hammock and stretched her wings out.

When I got up, I stretched too before pulling on my robe. Nageria gave a happy chirp before she glided over to my shoulder. I smiled at her and scratched the top of her head as a greeting. With her now on my shoulder, we started out of the room and down the stairs.

Zander smiled as he placed a glass of orange juice in front of one of the bar stools. He gestured to the seat. "For you gorgeous." My brother rolling his eyes at Zander with a chuckle.

Taking the seat, Nageria went over to him and he offered her what she loves to eat, an apple slice without the skin. He had several in front of him on a plate. Each sliced into tiny sticks to make it easier to give Nageria. She rubbed his cheek after she finished off the first one before she took the second one which he was offering her. He even had her absolute favorite apple, a Granny Smith green apple.

"Do you want bacon or sausage with your pancakes?"

I smiled at my brother. "Bacon please."

Within moments, Zander had placed Nageria on her perch with the plate of apple sticks on a little stand that was attached to the perched that could be moved out of the way when not being used. The plate rested perfectly on the ring of the stand to have it secure and not fall off.

It so happened that I was situated between the guys at the breakfast bar. Zander on my right, my brother on my left. Both talking throughout our whole breakfast. They were planning out the whole week to help get me used to the whole town and even where to go on campus. Anything and everything to make me feel like I was at home and had the confidence to go anywhere I wanted to.

Today we were checking out the movie theatre and one of the youth bars for those like me who are too young to legally drink. Apparently a lot of students hang out at the one they are taking me to. A place to meet a lot of new friends and have friends before classes started. They're just making sure I was comfortable when I entered a class and had someone I knew already.

After breakfast, I tried out the shower with my music playing. It was so fun. I was even dancing about singing along. I was more than happy that Zander's family splurged on this bit of tech. The song title even scrolled across the waterproof screen of the embedded remote above the shower knobs. Helped to identify new favorite songs. I might just make up a station just for showering with.