Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter Eight

Eight

As we walked through the backstage, people would stop and bow to us as if we were really royalty. Zander would just smile with his chin held high. More than proud to act like a royal.

My breathe caught with a hand over my heart at the sight of the training arena. The huge open area before us with sandy ground had horses and people doing things all around. What caught my breathe was the two pure white horses that stood side by side closest to us. They were dressed in clothes that mimicked both Zander's and my outfits.

A sharp whistle sounded and then everyone stopped what they were doing to look at us and then bow their heads. "Presenting our visiting royals. Prince Zander of Fire." Zander smirked down at me. "And Princess Hope of Haven."

I pouted at Zander who just chuckled. "I couldn't have them saying you were from heaven, now could I? Haven was the closest I could get."

The room filled with huzzahs before they went back to their work preparing the horses and themselves for the show. Though they did bow as an older gentleman dressed as a king walked passed them towards us. He smiled at us before he bowed, though not nearly as low as everyone else.

"Welcome to the Castle's Keep Historical Reenactment. I do hope everything was in your rooms for you."

Zander nodded to him. "Thank you for letting us do this. I know she's excited to be a princess." He smiled down to me.

The king chuckled. "And you must be excited to fight for her hand." He then offered his hand to me. "For this show, I will be playing your uncle whom you have sought help to see the worthiness of this Prince who has shown interest in you. There will be a few lines for you to speak, but they are the ones you want to speak." A lady walked over to me who carried a clipboard and placed a little earpiece in my ear.

I looked at the King. "What if I don't know what to say and get too nervous to speak?"

He just smiled sweetly down to me. "Don't worry, Nancy here will help instruct you before and during the performance if you seem to get stuck. She'll even instruct anyone to get you what you need during the performance if you ask. Think of her as your invisible lady-in-waiting."

Nancy smiled at me. "It's a pleasure to meet you milady." She did a curtsy and I giggled.

Then the King placed one of my hands on top of the back of his, like Zander had done, and lead me over to the white horse that wore my colors. "This beautiful mare is your horse for the entrance and exit of the arena. She's actually called Starlight as she has a lone tan spot on her right ear in the shape of a kind of star." He stroked her nose and she bowed her head revealing our eight pointed star that represents our magical world.

I smiled and placed my hand on her nose. "Hello Starlight. Thank you for letting me ride you." She nuzzled my hand and made a nod like gesture with her head.

"Seems she likes you." The King said happily. "Normally she just does as told without having to actually like her rider." Then Starlight touched my chin lightly and took a step back and to the side. "Well I'll be, she wants you on her."

Guiding me around, several squires came over and helped me up onto Starlight. It was easy to get comfortable on the side saddle like the proper little lady I was. Glad for those equestrian lessons I took every year that involved both side saddle and normal saddle riding. We were taught to be ladies and great riders.

Everyone took a step away and Starlight looked back at me. I gave her a smile before she looked forward again. With my back straight, she started walking around with me. Nancy asking if I needed any help with Starlight to which I smiled at her and shook my head. Telling her Starlight was so amazing.