Starr Academy: College Life- Chapter One

One

"Um, why are you making me walk like this?" My eyebrow quirked up as I looked over my shoulder.

Zander chuckled as he placed his chin on my shoulder. His arms wrapped around my waist. It was his arms like that which was making me waddle down the sidewalk.

"But I've missed you so much over the summer." His lips pouting as he gave me his best puppy dog eyes.

"Did you get all the postcards and letters?" I had made sure I sent them things from everywhere we went. The letters I misted to them and made sure to do so everyday. Didn't want them to worry about me and rush over to where we were out of panic.

The postcards was for fun. I picked up a new one every country we went to. Franklin sent ones to his folks and I sent it to my brother and Zander. We wanted to let them have a taste of the adventure we were on. How much we were exploring our world.

"Of course we did." Then he frowned. "But it wasn't the same as having you here in my arms where I know you are completely safe." He shook his head. "Anything could have happened to you between letters and then where would we have been? Worrying sick till that letter came fluttering down to the table between us."

I tilted my head up to the sky when we emerged from the building's shadow that we had been behind as we waddled slowly down the sidewalk. The past few days have been a bit of a downer having returned to Greg and Debbie's home in Norfolk even if for such a short time.

Now I was here with my brother leading me to our apartment with Zander clinging to my waist for fear I would vanish into thin air. As if he thought me a mirage tricking him with the temptation of being back. How he must have worried all summer long and made himself so very miserable all on his own.

This almost reminded me of how tight and unyielding Franklin had wanted to be at the airport a few hours ago. He may have had me all summer seeing the whole world together, but it was then that he realized that his time was up. That we had to separate and go on our separate schools.

Greg had to pull Franklin away so I could leave. Franklin still had a week left with his folks before he had to catch his flight back to Starr Academy. I on the other hand needed to get out here and set up my room my brother was letting me have. I did feel weird flying by myself for the first time in three years.

Zander and my brother Rod had collaborated together last year and decided on getting an apartment just a stone throw away from the school. Neither really like staying in the dorms for whatever reason. I guess they hated having to deal with the other students at all hours of the night. Now they'll be able to party only when they want to.

Though the place wasn't really a normal apartment where you have to pay rent every month with people living all around you. Nope. Zander's family pitched in and decided to get them...well us a townhouse that looked out to the grand gardens of the university. Or so the guys had gushed to me over a few of the phone calls I made to them.

It felt like an hour later before Zander turned me and looked up at the townhouse before us. "So? What do you think of the place?"

My eyes graced over the whole Victorian style building. The deep red bricks that stood as a sharp contrast to the white stone columns was purely perfect. There were even window boxes at all the windows of all three levels. The numbers to the house was elegant in swirls and a brightly polished bronze. The front yard, though small, was perfectly groomed and manicured.

Rod leaned against the rot-iron fence that flowed through the front of all the houses on this block. English ivy climbed beautifully across most of the front and side bars of the fence. "I think she really likes it."