Chapter 8

SAMUEL

I walked into the elevator, feeling like I’m on cloud nine. It wasn’t really a lie, though. I am excited and I’m on top of my game. Once born a nympho, always a nympho.

The hatred that others instilled in me was nothing compared to my own self-induced one. The Squirt app sucks on so many level but once in a while it helps if I’m itching for a quick hookup regardless of my HIV status. I just don’t give a damn anymore. Those meds are killing me enough already – financially and emotionally – so why not appease my own physical desires with strangers.

I might be a fool for endangering others before but I really can’t help it – what you don’t know doesn’t really hurt you unless you want it to. The curly-haired Adonis never did come and meet me again after saving my almost-drowned ass that night. He had other shit to be worried about, so go figure.

There was no one when I entered from the ground floor. The apartment was trendy and built on the nicer fringes of the City. It was nothing new to me, a trueborn nympho. It’s always been a way for me to satiate my obvious addiction and need.

Sex is drug and drug is sex.

At least I don’t need help on that part, since I’m already partly insane. She hasn’t been haunting me for the past week so that’s wonderful. I could carry on with short-ended life now and just wait for the disease to fully take control of me.

Level 25, house number 1-A-3. Just walk from the reception up the elevator. Text me again once you’re here.

His profile page was typical – headless torso, focused on how much steroids pumped into his vessels and the amount of time he labored inside the gym to personify a cliched, closeted narcissistic bitch. He had only one face pic and he’s okay looking, I guess.

I’m not being picky in matters like this. I could have simply gone to an erotic bathhouse filled with horny, sex-crazed guys ranging from 18 to daddies in their late 40s but that wouldn’t be classy enough for me – I’ve been there and done that, hated it to be honest. A lot of other hookup requests lined up on my phone screen, alerting me of my availability but I’m no goddamn escort and I’m sick on the inside.

Not everyone can handle me properly anyway and I needed this.

Two more people entered when the elevator stopped at level 5. A straight couple, the lady was not so preggers-looking yet but quite obvious in her already glowing nature. The proud man that stood next to her must have been the baby daddy, wearing a faultless smile on his face and it made me sick to my stomach, mostly with jealousy. The happiness was reverberating off of them both. In fact, I could even sense the bundle of joy developing inside her womb, protruding her tummy just a bit – call it a hunch but I bet it’s a boy.

“Second trimester?”

I never would have striked up a conversation but what the hell, I’m bored.

“Sorry?”

“Are you going through your second trimester?”

She gave me a sickening wide smile, tapping her tummy lightly with her right hand and the other flicking her well-groomed perfect housewife hair. The husband didn’t really notice me at first since I chose to lean so secluded at one corner I bet I could have stayed hidden from the scrutiny of the small built-in security CCTV that most people wouldn’t noticed at first glance.